Project Manager II
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
The Project Manager II, Mitel provides project management and coordination for the implementation of telephony systems and technology, primarily Mitel focused, for various size customers/ National Accounts with multiple sites across the country.
- Maintain complete control and responsibility for the entire installation and implementation process for a multi project environment.
- Facilitate conference calls and/ or on site meetings for key milestones such as Internal and External Kick Off Meetings, Network Readiness Assessment engagement, Cutover, etc.; clearly identify the solution that has been sold, the customer expectations of the solution, and the roles and responsibilities of all team members. Host status calls with customers as needed, based upon the scope of the project.
- Provide the customer with all pertinent project information, including a customized project plan/task list identifying the responsible party for each task, utilizing Excel, or MS Project, whichever is preferred by the customer. Visio diagrams will be utilized as necessary.
- Hold all parties accountable for their assigned deliverables, as detailed in the Scope of Work (SOW). This includes customers and contracted vendors. Coordinate the efforts of all parties.
- Provide coordination of internal and external resources to ensure a successful installation implementation and resolution of any punch list items, including, but not limited to, the coordination of the Project Team and outside vendors.
- Establish communication plan, and provide timely status updates to all parties, including an updated Task List showing completed tasks, as well as tasks that are in jeopardy.
- Accurately execute change requests, and RMA’s, as needed during the course of the project.
- Review contract packages, engineering quotes, equipment lists, and prepare the necessary documentation for the implementation process.
- Serve as the single point of contact, (SPOC), for all project parties, as well as the first level operational escalation point for all assigned customers related issues.
- Periodically assist in responding to project management related questions for RFP’s, as well as other pre-sale activity such as on site meetings, as work load allows.
- Additional responsibilities as position requires.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required: (education, experience, technical skills, communication skills, customer focus, time management skills, independence, accuracy)
- 2 year degree in business and/or telecommunications preferred (or equivalent experience).
- 5 –10 years project management experience with fundamental knowledge in telecommunications and data communications networks.
- Strong knowledge of Mitel products and technology needed. Avaya, Nortel Networks, NEC, and Siemens product knowledge a plus.
- Basic knowledge of application technologies, such as CCE, VP, PCS, RECORDERS, and so forth.
- Functional knowledge of converged networking and messaging technologies.
- Functional knowledge of wire and cabling systems.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, Visio, Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Experience using PC based project management systems such as MS Project and Visio to develop project plans with PERT/GANTT charts and critical path data; high level skills required with other PC tools, such as spreadsheet and database programs.
- Possess enhanced organizational, leadership, management and multi-tasking skills.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills required in order to interact both orally and written with customers and management.
- Proven ability to work effectively with contractors and vendors in managing the installation of hardware, software, inside/outside plant and equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work and communicate effectively with the stress of a fast-paced environment.
- Possibility of approximately 25% travel.
- PMP certification a plus, but not required.
- Mitel certifications a plus, but not required: MiVoice, MiContact Center, MiCloud.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
Arrow Electronics Inc. is an affirmative action employer, and we encourage minorities and women to apply.
Minority/ Female/ Disabled/ Veteran
FUNCTION: Logistics & Operations
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top