Arrow Electronics is looking for energetic and enthusiastic individuals that work well in a fast-paced computer & electronics repair warehouse in Windsor, CT.
This position supports the operation by performing various technical roles, including data entry, setup and testing, data erasure, and basic repairs of computer equipment, which includes PCs, Notebook Computers, Servers, Cell Phones, and similar computer electronics and hardware.
This is a second shift position, operating from 3:30pm to 12:00am, Monday - Friday. Overtime work can be regular and is required based on business goals.
As a Production Lead, you will be required to excel in the areas of quality, quantity, teamwork, and work habits. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Effectively lead a smaller group of employees to achieve optimal production output based on required work load for the day.
- Working with supervisor to coordinate daily requirements for production scheduling.
- Will work directly with supervisor to oversee receiving, production, or shipping departments.
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion, coordinating with other members of the management group
- Decisions are guided by policy, procedures and business planning
- Will receive direction from shift supervisor, operations manager, or other member of management staff
- Provide direction to team in group setting for department and warehouse staff.
- Directly working with associates for training and inspection/measurement of processes to ensure optimal quality and output
- Perform intermediate troubleshooting on units missing hardware using established test equipment and procedures.
- Analyze symptoms displayed by unit to determine pass or fail status of computer hardware
- Maintain a safe work environment and exceptional housekeeping by following established safety procedures including wearing required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Maintain required quality and production levels
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- 2-3 years prior experience working in leadership role or team lead
- Capable of typing at 50-60 WPM
- Ability to use software for data erasure on Laptops, Desktops, Hard Drives and Servers.
- Must have strong attention to detail for written documentation for all test procedures
- Ability to identify a variety of computer equipment.
- Very strong communication skillset, written and verbal, ability to effectively communicate through email, present, etc.
- Skilled knowledge of computer components and ability to perform routine repairs on laptops and desktop computers.
- Experience with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Previous experience in a manufacturing, warehouse, production, or general labor work environment
- Technical/functional expert knowledge of computer hardware
- A+ certification
- Associates (two year) degree
- Strong and energetic leadership presence, with ability to effectively coach a team to succeed
- Must be comfortable working under high productivity and quality standards
- You absolutely must be able to work well in a team-environment and will also have opportunity as an individual contributor
- Impeccable attendance is required
- Respectful and team contributor (cleanliness and communication)
- Be available to work a flexible work schedule as needed during overtime requirements
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy. Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family.
Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow's technology. Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year. http://benefits.arrow.com
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Hartford (Value Recovery)
Back to top