• The liaison/interface between Arrow's suppliers and Arrow sales team.
• The main purpose of the position is to develop, grow and leverage the influential supplier relationships to negotiate competitive pricing and availability, to increase sales and gross profit dollars for all regions.
• As the primary point of contact between the Arrow sales team and the supplier, Product Specialists also arrange meetings via webcast, phone, or in person in order to drive and increase our market share.
• Learns quickly the process of: returns, quotes, delivery, pricing and special restrictions.
• Identifies manufacturing problems to resolve delivery response issues and utilizes management's help when necessary. Investigates price anomalies across all regions and works to maintain price stability.
• Works with management to overcome obstacles within a supplier and makes it transparent to the sales team. Needs coaching to prioritize and adjust to changing markets, customer demands and supplier changes. Able to deliver corporate directives into job with management guidance.
• Engages in strategic conversations with sales leaders to strategize on opportunities while leveraging influential supplier relationships to develop sales strategies and goals for the product group. Offers competitive solutions. Follows up with sales daily quotes.
• Drives multi-location/global quotes and determines support for both franchised and non-franchised suppliers. Turn quotes quickly. Generates sales growth from quarter to quarter. Works backlog to manage on time delivery. Meets all business report card requirements.
• Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
• Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
• Solves a range of straightforward problems
• Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures
• Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
Experience / Education
Typically requires a 4 year degree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top