Presales Architect - Security
- Waltham Abbey, United Kingdom
Presales Architect - Security
Location: UK - remote but up to 50% traveling required
Presales Architect - Security provides technical and security domain leadership within the Technology & Services division.
They will work closely with senior Arrow staff in other departments to identify, recommend, develop and support security technology solutions for partners and customers. The Architect will also ensure that proposed and existing security solutions conform to current best practices but maintain an open mind to innovations and developments across the sector.
They will also support the sales and vendor teams with Security pre-sales technical and technology activities across the Security portfolio of products and services offered by Arrow. The activities will support Arrow partners, SI's, MSP's and Resellers in both a technical and commercial capacity. The Architect will also be responsible for engaging with the relevant vendor teams, overseeing technical enablement and validating any joint propositions with the sales teams. Additionally, this role will stretch the incumbent to lead the team of security architects to become self-sufficient as well as mentor junior and graduate members of the team.
The Presales Architect has four main responsibilities:
- Offer SME (subject matter expertise) leadership to the Security Solution Practice around Palo Alto and Symantec/Broadcom,
- Provide mentoring and staff line-management to Technology & Services staff within the guidelines set out by the Director of Technology and Solutions,
- Be a proactive contributor to the security domain's body of knowledge by way of authoring industry articles, writing blogs on the IT security matters, actively directing the channel's attention to significant events and milestones within the domain via social media,
- Specifically identify junior members of staff or graduates who can be mentored into the Technology and Services division, thus providing a means for team continuity and effective succession planning.
Key Skills / Experience / Technology skills:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience within a pre-sales role aligned to a sales team within IT Security,
- Professional Security related accreditations such as CISP, CEH, etc.,
- Have specific security vendor accreditations,
- Security domain knowledge and expertise - evidenced by blogs, articles or technical writing work,
- An ability to take the initiative and be a pro-active self-starter,
- An ability to envision what might be coming down the pipeline via analysts and industry experts,
- Have an empathetic, fair and generous approach to staff and people management,
- An ability to call for help across the business if there is a need for guidance,
- Very clear, logical and precise (as in unambiguous) communication skills specifically as it relates to staffing engagement,
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of the Security Solution Practice domain,
- A highly entrepreneurial spirit that manifests itself in a "let's make it happen" approach, coupled with initiative and adaptability,
- Excellent attention to detail and genuine passion for Information Security.
Responsibilities to Vendors, Partners and Arrow
Duties will include but are not restricted to:
- Establish technical relationships with partners and, on occasion, with end-user organizations as well as key stakeholders like CISO's and CIO's,
- Review and assure appropriateness and technical integrity of solutions,
- Make pre-sales calls on prospective partners, participate in local and regional seminars, and act as a technical account manager for existing customers,
- Be the technical focal point for partner engagements around demonstrations, potential security solutions & program expertise supported by the relevant vendor team,
- Deliver solution presentations to partners, at vendor events and industry events,
- Advise clients transitioning to cloud-based and managed security services,
- Serve as subject matter expert for security platform capabilities,
- Engage partners in the development of comprehensive security services offerings,
- Train, educate & incentivize partners alongside the BDM team,
- Work in tandem with the various business development and sales teams in fulfilling sales goals and responding to RFI/RFPs,
- Work proactively with the Arrow Cloud team to drive MSP engagement around Cloud adoption in the Arrow security product and services portfolio,
- Provide pre-sales technical support to the sales and vendor teams covering specific vendors to be determined in consultation with the Director of Technology and Services,
- Liaise with the Arrow Services and sales teams in order to ensure service requests are being fulfilled and that the Services proposition is being properly positioned with the channel,
- Act as an intermediary between Arrow authorized service partners to validate service offerings in line with the Security Solution Practice,
- Remain proactively engaged within the channel to source new partners to onboard onto the Arrow authorized services partner programme,
- Remain knowledgeable & fully certified with a strong understanding of current industry technology (specifically Security), trends, and the competition.,
- Spend at least 2 days each week presenting in front of partners in small (round table) discussions as well as large (seminar) audiences.
The company's standard hours of work are 9.00 am - 5.30 pm with one hour for lunch, however, due to the nature of this role flexibility will be required in order to meet the needs of the role. In addition, this role is externally facing and therefore there will be the expectation that you will be required to travel upwards of 50% of the time.
Harlow, United Kingdom (Kao Park Hockham Way)
Back to top