Order Process Specialist
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Order Process Specialist
Responsible for managing sales backlog, ensuring ROI is maximized through timely shipment/billing of sales orders in a manufacturing environment. Works with other departments including but not limited to Sales, Finance, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Logistics to resolve issues preventing orders from shipping. Manages both Build to Ship and Build to Stock order through manufacturing. Provide sales, customers and/or management with Open Order/Backlog reports to ensure we are meeting the customers’ needs and are shipping on time. Ensure that sales has the most current ship date information and regularly reports the company’s on-time delivery performance. Goal of the Order Process Specialist is to take over the tactical operations after an order is booked to ensure our sales team can move onto their next order.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all (customer sales orders, production orders) ensuring orders are shipped in a timely manner, working with Sales, Finance, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Logistics to resolve issues preventing orders from shipping. Manages both Build to Order and Build to Stock order through manufacturing. Focusing on following up on the material that is not scheduled to meet our customer’s requirements or agreed upon commitments.
- Expedite and escalate product needs to the Purchasing that do not meet customer requirements. Maintain both Commit and Customer Required Dates log as necessary.
- Publish Open Order/Backlog reports (with valid dates) to the account manager or customer directly. Report out on time delivery and any other department and company metrics in support of the organization
- Manage and ensure ship methods on the orders are accurate and adequate to meet the customer’s needs. Remove bottlenecks by partnering with the account manager and the appropriate support organization.
- Production Rollout and Scheduling
- Production Status Review
- Maintains internal departmental influence to directly impact customer satisfaction and maintain scheduled commitments.
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training
- Knowledge of manufacturing and order management within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of sales and purchasing processes
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to respond on routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to communicate ideas and information in a concise, logical way.
- Ability to listen attentively and confirm the message presented.
- Ability to communicate effectively via phone and email.
- Skilled at delivering sensitive communications with appropriate level of tact and diplomacy.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top