Order Management Specialist
Order Management Specialist
Arrow's eCommerce division is looking for an Order Management Specialist (OMS) to join our growing team. The OMS is responsible for the entire life cycle of orders placed on our website. This spans the entire process from order placement all the way to customer receipt. She/he will be part of the team that ensures that our customers not only receive their orders on time, but that they also have a completely worry-free experience, and continually build their trust in our ability to meet their needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor order status and address issues that prevent customers from receiving orders on time
- Work with inventory suppliers to ensure timely shipment of inbound inventory
- Troubleshoot order issues, and assist to identify and correct the root causes
- Support internal teams with order status requests or other issues
- Interface with our warehouses to ensure timely delivery and correct any problems.
- Work with carriers and customs offices to handle shipping issues
- Handle payment issues with credit cards, Paypal, terms, etc.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and work with internal and external stakeholders to implement improvements
- Typically you would have 3-5 years order management / operations experience, ideally within the electronics industry
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to grasp technical concepts, understand various order management systems, data communications and enterprise resource systems
- Detail oriented with good analytical skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels and work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently on multiple activities, with prioritization and escalation skills
- Flexibility and an appreciation of a fast-moving and international environment
- Understanding of electronic parts
- Knowledge of Salesforce, particularly its use for case management
- Experience with ERP systems, especially Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Proficiency in MS office suites
- APICS / APS certification a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
Arrow helps the world's best technology companies think "Five Years Out," working together to innovate the next big thing, after the next big thing. We are a global provider of technology products, services and solutions, with 2013 sales of $21.4 billion. Our team includes 16,000 employees worldwide across more than 460 locations in 58 countries.
"Five Years Out" is the tangible future and the people who live and work there know that new technologies, new materials, new ideas and new electronics will make life not only different, but better. Not just cheaper, but smarter. Not just easier, but more inspired.
Are you "Five Years Out"? Then you'll want to be working with us.
Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Back to top