Oracle Pro C/Unix Developer-Warehousing Environment
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
At present we have an excellent opportunity for a Software System Engineer at our Melville, NY location. As an integral member of the Application Development Group, you will be responsible for the day-to-day quality and integrity of our Warehouse Management Systems.
- Capturing customer requirements and apply expert judgment and analysis for the design, development and implementation of technical products and systems.
- The engineer should have solid experience in software development of applications from the requirements gathering phase to design, development, testing, implementation and documentation of the application.
- Monitoring and maintaining warehousing applications to ensure reliability/functionality
- Ability to work with other functional technical areas including business analysts, DBA’s, Network Engineers, Quality Assurance specialists, and Project Managers.
- Ability to acquire and maintain thorough knowledge of operational, logistical, business processes.
- Serve as a focal point subject matter expert of warehousing activities.
- Assist with off-hour production support of our Warehouse Management Systems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Domestic and International travel may be required.
- Bachelor level degree in a CS discipline or 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Hands on experience with C, ProC, PL/SQL, XML in a Unix environment.
- Experience with Oracle database.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to monitor and manage the progress of tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in development/support of a warehousing applications.
- Experience implementing a warehouse management system.
- Experience with Oracle Forms/Reports.
- Experience with Unix shell scripting.
- Experience with a GUI development tool.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top