Oracle ADF Engineer--Support/Implementation--EBS Environment
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
The Systems Engineer serves as a technical and sales enablement consultant to Arrow partners and customers. Role works with internal and external client customer specifications and requirements to assist in developing, customizing, modifying, configuring or implementing software tools and/or software application products. Serves as pre and post sales support specialist by representing technical engineering expertise, providing a blend of technical solutions, which enable partners and customers to maximize sales penetration. Role also serves as technical advisor or trainer to the sale force, when supporting or proposing solutions, and/or value added services to customers. Responsibilities include; design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging, and documentation of programs. (*Applications generally deal with utility programs, position control language, macros, subroutines, and other control modules.) Performs all configuration engineering tasks associated with product release, and is responsible for the planning, documentation and development of related product builds and release. (Monitors, records, and controls change in order to maintain product integrity.) Role may also customize purchased applications and assist in maintaining program libraries and technical manuals. Other duties include providing integrated systems analysis, making appropriate hardware, software, and system design recommendations required to support related project goals, sales strategies or customer needs. This includes being familiar with enterprise infrastructure and applications methodology and industry trends, education and communication of technical approaches to management, coordinating activities to facilitate solution alignment and coaching developers on implementation best practices and coding.
Position works closely with the lines of business, sales and support staff, and several technology areas to design a technical solution based on the existing standards and processes which meet the project goals, and/or the strategic needs of the business, customer or partner. Role serves as a technology generalist in nature, but may also specialize in a particular technology domain (Networking, Storage, Oracle Database, etc). Works directly with the internal or external customers, and may travel to the client site.
- Monitor and analyze capacity and performance of the environments to determine when upgrades or changes are required.
- Provide 3rd level support with other members of the group.
- Interface with business users and partners to develop project requirements.
- 24×7 on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Participate in yearly Disaster Recovery tests.
- Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution.
- At least 6 years of experience with IT.
- Strong experience in Design, implementation and support of scalable and high performing application solutions using Oracle ADF Framework on fusion middleware platform.
- Experience must include following ADF expertise:
- ADF user interface Using layouts, UI components to build an aesthetic web application
- Programmatic extensions to ADF business components framework
- Programmatic addition of features to ADF application usage of managed beans, partial page rendering, dynamic display of UI components and regions
- Creating custom skins for usage in ADF applications, knowledge of mapping CSS attributes to ADF faces components using ADF skin editor
- ADF including ADF Business Components, ADF Controller life cycle, ADF Faces, ADF Security, ADF Task Flows
- Web Services (JAX-WS / JAX-RPC)
- Experience in developing Oracle EBS based technical solutions using SQL, PL/SQL and shell scripting. Understanding of one or more EBS functional flows (Order to Cash, Purchase to Pay, SCM or Finance)
- Experience on Fusion middleware 11g platform is must, Knowledge/experience of 12c platform will be preferred
- Experience on creating integration designs using WSDL/XML/SOAP/REST standards
- Knowledge of Oracle Application Framework and ability to personalize, customize OAF pages
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top