The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Position Title: Manager Logistics/Value – Add Operations I (Operations Manager)
Reports to: General Manager
Location: AVR Facilities
Job Classification: Exempt
Effective Date: 7-01-16
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for the day-to-day management and coordination of Operations and Distribution for the AVR warehouse facilities. This position is responsible for planning and execution of all departments and programs at the facility throughout the different shifts under the direction of and in collaboration with the GM. Develops and implements process improvements in work centers, focusing on throughput, costs and quality. Develops supervisors and leads to prepare them for future roles and build a logistics talent pipeline for these positions.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDED BUT ARE NO LIMITED TO:
- Lead facility in successful day-to-day operations by driving quality, service level and productivity goals
- Service our customers by scheduling work efficiently to meet customer expectations
- Regularly review established key metrics with supervisors
- Manage day to day operations/production with continued improvement built into culture
- Responsible for maintaining integrity in the use of company assets such as inventory, supplies, equipment
- Trains and develops supervisors and leads in managerial basic in preparation for future roles. Responsible for building and maintaining talent pipeline including talent pipeline for these positions.
- Hold all employees accountable to achieving individual, department goals
- Reward and recognize high performance and provide career path and growth opportunities for staff.
- Conduct frequent employee and staff meetings to communicate challenges and improvement
- Ensure fair and consistent treatment for employees on all shifts by regularly spending time with evening shifts
- Partners and coordinates with support functions such as transportation, quality, training, and HR to ensure programs and changes are handled effectively
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, experience and training
- Minimum 5+ years management experience in manufacturing or distribution
- Proven ability to provide direction, motivate, coach, discipline, and develop a team
- Understanding of P&L
- Problem resolution and solution development skills
- Candidates with Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt and/or TQM background preferred
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top