The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
IT Infrastructure Manager
Arrow Electronics, Inc.
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for a corporate IT Manager of Global Warehouse Network Infrastructure Technology.
As a leader within the Enterprise Collaboration and Connectivity team, you will be integrating and supporting critical network and IT infrastructure technologies to provide a foundation to deliver secure, custom business solutions to our worldwide user base enabling Arrow Electronics the competitive advantage needed to drive toward our vision of clear global leadership. We are looking for candidates with the ability to balance the practical with the possible; and a vision for what lies over the horizon.
Candidates should exhibit a broad-based IT infrastructure and network technology background; possess excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills and be creative innovators with a proven track record of leadership, engineering, deploying and supporting routing, switching, wireless, VoIP/SIP, virtualization, PC, server, storage, mobility backup, recovery and other related technologies.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Management experience within a large scale IT environment with 10 or more years of IT infrastructure expertise.
- Strong technical background in networking, wireless, PC, server, storage, operational recovery and related technologies
- Security focused
- Must be a strategic thinker with a drive for continuous process improvement
- Ability to cope with change, shift gears comfortably and act without having the total picture.
- Proven track record of implementing standards and procedures
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Ability to establish effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect
- Experience with Disaster Recovery planning and testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and motivate a global, highly accountable team of engineers and analysts
- Driving innovation, R&D, proof of concept evaluations
- Project management for IT Infrastructure-related initiatives
- Disaster Recovery planning and on-site support as needed
- Operational and backup recovery planning and oversight
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Flexible to work extended hours and weekends when required to support Arrow’s business groups globally
- Domestic and International travel up to 20%
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for managing a technical engineering and support team responsible for providing IT infrastructure support in a global capacity
- Provide technical leadership and guidance
- Management of a 24 × 7 “follow the sun” support structure
- Employee Performance reviews and talent development
- Budget Planning and cost savings execution
- Vendor management (including RFPs/RFIs/SOWs/procurement, etc.) and escalation of issues
- Driving the team to execute on goals and tracking to firm commitment dates
- Cisco, Juniper, HP and Aruba Wireless Certifications
- Experience with SDN technologies and deployments
- Prior IT engineering and support for an enterprise warehousing / distribution / reverse logistics
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top