Network Engineer, IV
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
IT – Enterprise Collaboration and Connectivity Group (Corporate IT)
TITLE: Infrastructure Engineer – Principal (Level 4) – Melville, NY and Denver, CO
Melville, NY based hands-on technical Network Engineer Principal whose responsibilities include, but are not limited, to providing engineering design and technical support for an enterprise class routing, switching and wireless environment including Voice Over IP, SIP, QOS, VPN, wireless technologies and network based handheld and printer solutions for Arrow’s regional and distribution facilities globally.
Candidates should exhibit a strong broad-based network technology background on multi-vendor hardware and software platforms; possess excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills, leadership role amongst team members, provide and be creative innovators with a proven track record of engineering, deploying and supporting routing, switching, VoIP/SIP and other networking related technologies.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Network Engineering (IP Routing, Ethernet Switching, VPN, etc.)
- Configure and setup Firewalls/Security appliances for access to vital business applications
- Design, configure and setup complex switching environments
- Design, configure and setup complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.
- Create and maintain Network documentation for use by the network operations and support teams.
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support
- Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services
- Troubleshoot Network performance problems through the use of network analyzers and packet capturing technologies
- Administration and documentation support for in-house network monitoring solutions: (Fluke) Visual Networks and Solarwinds
- R&D, proof of concept evaluations
- Project management for IT Infrastructure-related initiatives
- Disaster Recovery simulation exercise pre-planning and on-site support as needed
- Operational and backup recovery support
- 24×7 On-call technical support on a rotation basis
- Participate in budget planning and cost savings initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree or 8 –10 years related business experience in a fast paced corporate environment of 5000+ users.
- Strong technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
- Experience in troubleshooting complex LAN/WAN and application performance related issues
- Very proficient in root cause analysis and remediation to avoid future outages
- Experience with:
- Cisco hardware and IOS
- Plexxi hardware and OS
- Juniper switching, firewall hardware and Junos OS
- Palo Alto firewall hardware
- HP/Aruba switching and OS
- Routing technologies and protocols (MPLS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- VPN creation and troubleshooting (IPSEC and GRE)
- Ethernet switching technologies (creation and support of VLANs, Etherchannel, Spanning Tree, etc.)
- Wireless design and support
- IP Multicast
- Video Conferencing
- Strong Visio/documentation skills
- Knowledge of VoIP implementation and support
- Advanced packet sniffer capture and application performance analysis skills and background (i.e. Wireshark, Gigamon, etc.)
- Ability to communicate, written and verbal, to both technical and non-technical co-workers
- Must have the ability to multi-task and track the status of multiple projects and issues at once
- Willing and able to share IT knowledge, solutions and tips with others
- Ability to document detailed procedures and processes and a demonstrated ability to share knowledge
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Flexible to work extended hours and weekends when required for support and project related activities
- Domestic and International travel up to 20%
- Cisco and Juniper Certifications
- Prior project management experience responsible for managing a large, complex network
- Prior knowledge administering and supporting network monitoring solutions such as Solarwinds and
Fluke Networks (Visual)
- Riverbed Steelhead WAN Optimization hardware
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top