Mobility Repair Technician
Position:Mobility Repair Technician
Essential Job Functions
- Disassemble and remove subassemblies as may be required for established parts harvesting and recycling procedures;
- Maintain a safe work environment and good housekeeping by following established safety procedures;
- Maintain required quality and production levels;
- Maintain administrative related duties in a timely manner (i.e. reports, timely punches at time clock, etc.)
- Repair mobile devices that fail our testing process in order to maximize value recovery.
- Harvest parts/components from mobile devices that cannot be repaired to full functionality in order to maximize reuse and remarketing of components
- Diagnose causes of device failures or defects in order determine the correct repair to perform.
- Perform data entry to accurately capture device attributes and type of repair/harvest conducted in order to accurately track material in Warehouse Management System.
- Perform quality inspections on mobile devices to confirm accurate functional classification and cosmetic grade.
- Maintain workspace that is in adherence to 5S and Lean Methodology.
- Conduct cycle counts to ensure accuracy of inventory held in repair stating locations(s).
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment.
Job Skills and Work Experience Requirements
- Basic knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience testing and identifying defects in: mobile phones, tablets and smart watches
- Experience performing a variety of repair on mobile devices, tablets and smart watches (Repair experience includes power supply repair, display repair and component replacement).
- Experience recovering/harvesting parts from mobile devices
Education and Training Requirements
- HS/GED required; technical training credits in Electronics Technology preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Mobility Repair Technician
Location:Dallas (Value Recovery)
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Global Cloud Business Analyst
Jaqueline specializes in cloud business operations by helping new clients onboard and connect with Arrow’s marketplace, implement solutions, and understand best practices to optimize outcomes.
Back to top