The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
The AMSS Manufacturing Specialist is responsible to develop and facilitate a manufacturing solution for customer electronic assemblies. This process requires a technical documentation review to identify and correct deficiencies. Work with suppliers and customers to create an efficient high quality manufacturing solution while limiting the risk for potential liability. Provide expertise in the areas of Document Control, Manufacturing, Electrical Test and overall product quality at both the supplier and customer level. Support technical relationships with our customers by working with AMSS manufacturing partners and internal resources on problem resolution. Pursue continuous process improvement by evaluating process and quality on behalf of the customer.
- Release product for manufacturing – Create and approve a manufacturing process with limited liability for various products. Utilize individual and team technical knowledge, customer specifications and supplier capabilities to create a low cost high quality manufacturing solution. Documentation reviews consist of bills of material, assembly drawings, custom fabricated drawings, electrical test procedures, schematic and quality requirements.
- Maintain high quality production yields through the life of the program – Monitor quality metrics at the supplier and customer levels. Travel to customer and supplier on an as needed basis. Represent the customer in the areas of Document Control, Manufacturing, Test and Quality. Facilitate product and process changes utilizing the DFM (Design for Manufacturability) process. Resolve test failures and disposition MRB in a timely manner.
- Relationship Management – Possess the understanding of the Distribution model as relates to manufacturing in order to develop influential relationships with internal and external customers, including Contract Manufacturers and customer engineering and sales branch. Create opportunities to develop strong engineering relationship with our customers.
- Technical support and Continuous Process Improvement – Explain and teach current technical issues to the Program Managers. Support the Quotes Group on technical questions for new opportunities. Stay current with the latest developments in technology through training and education. Provide on-going input to improve AMSS operations.
- 4 year college degree in engineering or equivalent experience.
- 4-6 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of internal and external customers. Ability to mitigate risk through root cause analysis and developing preventative and corrective actions.
- Electrical Test experience strongly preferred
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top