Manager, Strategic Sourcing Contracts
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
The Strategic Sourcing Contracts Manager will oversee the negotiating, structuring, and management of contractual documents that establish business relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlords. This position reviews documents for protection of the company’s contractual posture and adherence to company policy, local statutes, federal law and international. Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Negotiate, review, and draft contracts (includes MPSA, CSA, SaaS, NDAs, amendments, statements of work, etc.) with low to medium complexity and risk, within one or more commodity groupings, with moderate supervision.
- Drive utilization of Arrow contract templates, minimize deviations, and ensure free-text fields adequately detail contractual obligations.
- Negotiate / manage contracts with a focus on progressive contracting methodologies while at the same time balancing the organization’s needs for vendor consolidation, security/risk management requirements.
- When using supplier templates, ensure supplier contracts adhere to terms and conditions set forth in contract templates.
- Provide specialized commodity contract knowledge in one or more assigned commodity groupings.
- Interface with BU personnel, ensure contract negotiation objectives align with key stakeholder expectations, and provide project status and analysis throughout the negotiation and contract development phases.
- Actively participate in the development of risk/benefit analysis with VMO staff, key stakeholders, department personnel, and BU personnel on contracting activities. Lead all affected Arrow personnel through the review of benefits received, goals achieved, and risks assumed as a part of all contracting activities. Document these activities, along with required written Arrow approvals, for future reference.
- Conduct oversight reviews of ongoing negotiations with vendors and provide support as required by VMO team.
- Provider supervision of support staff including but not limited to interns and coordinators as assigned.
- Manage multiple simultaneous contracting activities.
- Enter and manage assigned contracts in ECM, summarize key contract provisions, and produce periodic reports on negotiations and contracts.
- Ensure risk assessment information is current and complete for all assigned contracts.
- Work closely with VMO team and/or BU personnel to implement contracts for identified needs.
- Work closely with VMO team and/or category leads personnel to develop joint strategies for achieving company requirements.15% Projects as assigned
- Contribute to the development and creation of sourcing and BU research and documentation.
- Identify and generate contracting and acquisition process improvements (i.e., tiger teams and client improvements teams).10%Continuous Improvement/Business Support:
- Keep abreast of assigned commodity trends, market and economic conditions, and other opportunities to leverage during overall contract management.
- Work closely with assigned BUs to ensure VMO is providing the highest level of support.
- Identify and implement savings and process improvement opportunities to optimize BU spending when applicable.
- Respond to BU inquiries and special requests
- Recommend improvement opportunities and propose modifications to Arrow templates.
- Work with suppliers and BU personnel to: Identify research and resolve purchasing related issues; develop corrective action programs; and monitor progress and identify opportunities for improvement and growth.
- Meet regularly with sourcing counterparts for assigned categories to ensure overall alignment.
- Provide incremental support to sourcing teams for execution of strategies within the category plans.
15%Misc projects as assigned.10%
Complex decision making – requires independent thinking; professional judgment is exercised to analyze and solve business requirements. All approaches will need to adhere to Arrow’s business processes and any associated policies. Will receive general direction and confer with superior on unusual matters.
Individual will negotiate with vendors and need to effectively navigate internal discussions at all levels of the organization.
Position will require the supervision of coordinators and interns as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Contract Management; Business or a highly related field (MBA/JD a plus); Minimum of 3-5 years’ industry best practice in sourcing, vendor management and/or procurement experience, legal, contracts management, with an indirect sourcing focus. Strong legal background able to review complex agreements and define successful negotiations strategy.
- Progressive experience in contracts administration in indirect sourcing; or equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Strong communication, negotiation and leadership skills;
- Managerial or supervisory experience desired.
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top