Manager, Inside Sales - Arrow Intelligent Systems
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for an Inside Sales Manager II who will lead our OCS Inside Sales team in our Denver (Inverness West), Colorado location.
The Inside Sales Manager is responsible for managing the sales and operational efforts of their team and providing leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth, in line, with the company’s vision. Represents the team internally and externally; ensures their department is exceeding the expectations of their customers. Manages their workforce by making decisions on workload and setting priorities for the team. Recruits, hires, develops and mentors team members. Consistently recommends operational improvements, contributes to strategic objectives and manages team effectiveness. Accurately forecasts and drives their teams to manage opportunities and sales.
- Manage Sales and Marketing Reps: Employee development, hiring and training, performance reviews, salary administration and daily coaching of employees to help them achieve customer expectations and sales and personal goals.
- Strategy and Results: Work with GM and peers to help determine and set direction for the overall inside sales team. Work with individual sales reps regarding account strategy and tactics, including supply chain initiatives, value added manufacturing and post-sales support. Lead the team to provide qualified leads to the field/business development. Drive sales growth, achieve or exceed quota expectations and focus on minimizing margin erosion.
- Data, Reports/Information: Monitors metrics and trends. Update reports. Analyze and prepare reports, plans, forecasts and opportunities and assists the business with meeting sales and inventory objectives. Respond to requests from corporate.
- Interface with Customers: Participate in quarterly business reviews. Work with the individual sales reps to ensure, profitable, happy accounts. Reduce customer turn-over related to sales execution issues. Proactive outreach to key accounts, participate in account calls and attend meetings. Initiate internal cross-functional reviews and project plans if the customer experience is lacking.
- Interface with Suppliers: Develop key supplier relationships and foster supplier relationships and education within your team. When applicable, attend supplier Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Process Improvement: Work with cross-functional teams to review and implement changes to our current business processes/systems with the objectives of; improving the customer experience, improving productivity, improving employee satisfaction, reducing costs, reducing/eliminating profit leaks, increasing sales and/or profits. Lead your team through change.
- Point of Escalation: Serve as the point person for sales team for strategy opportunities, problem resolution and escalated issues. Keeps both excellence in customer service and company profitability in mind during decision making processes. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Minimum 2 years sales experience with experience in electronics/computers/manufacturing sales preferred
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in sales or product management experience in the electronics/computer industry.
- College Degree or equivalent training and education
- The ability to build and maintain, professional, respectful relationships (internal, customers, suppliers)
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management internally and externally. Courtesy and tact as the exchange of ideas and information is a significant part of the job.
- Must be able to deliver tough messages and handle conflict (internal and external). This position requires strong communication with other departments within Arrow utilizing influence, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Previous experience leading teams
- Supply-Chain Management Experience (pipelining product, lead-times, consignments, finished goods inventory management)
- Ability to drive sales and manage opportunities
- Strong P&L experience, especially with identifying and managing profit leaks.
- Strong computer skills Microsoft Office, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Arrow’s products – computer components
- Knowledge of the Arrow system (preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to learn quickly and to manage multiple priorities
What is in it for you?
- Participation in an exciting business with a lot of growth opportunities
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top