Manager, Field Sales II
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
The Field Sales Manager will be involved in managing a high performing sales team. You will assist in developing the team by handling issues with experience and tact and by progressively and proactively managing development and performance issues.
Manage Team: Prepare development plans for employees. Manage employee performance. Ensure team is trained and has resources to do the job. Coach and provide feedback to employees. Deliver high potential managers for cross roads and other future roles. Use managerial courage to make difficult decisions when necessary. Delegate work appropriately.
- Drive strategy and deliver results: Makes recommendations to GM on strategy and customer plans. Through data analysis and past experience make solid decisions on strategy and direction. Direct value added sales opportunities by implementing supply chain, engineering, supplier, or service excellence strategies. Identifies and helps obtain branch goals, not just team goals.
- Develop customer, supplier and vendor relationships: Enhance manager relationships with key contacts by providing superior service and operation excellence. Implement effective and practiced techniques for solving problems. Effectively communicate with all levels (supplier, customer, vendor). Attend reviews and meetings. Increase management presence at customer accounts in order to achieve access to decision makers. · Data and reports: Use data and analysis to make recommendations to team and to management. Key player in budgeting and planning. Take next step in implementing process improvement based on data.
- Leadership: Act as leader in the branch. Instill vision and create enthusiasm to achieve goals.
- College degree or equivalent experience and training
- 6-8 years experience in a sales environment.
- Experience managing a sales team
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on a strategic initiative.
- Ability to see the complexity of business decisions and predict possible outcomes to identify best course of action.
- Experience setting up complex engagements and plans.
- Demonstrated managerial courage to make difficult decisions.
- Knowledge of P & L concepts.
- Product knowledge of line card and ability to sell.
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top