Manager, Field Sales
Manager, Field Sales
• Responsible for driving strategy and delivering results: Makes recommendations to General Manager/ Sales Director on strategy and customer plans. Through data analysis and past experience make solid decisions on strategy and direction. Direct value added sales opportunities by implementing supply chain, engineering, supplier, or service excellence strategies. Identifies and helps achieve sales branch goals, not just team goals.
• Manage Team: Recruits, hires and mentors sales staff. Manage employee performance. Ensure team is trained and has resources to deliver sales plans. Coach and provide feedback to employees. Deliver high potential sales representatives for future management roles. Use managerial courage to make difficult decisions when necessary. Prepare development plans for employees.
• Develop customer, supplier and vendor relationships: Enhance manager relationships with key contacts by providing superior service and operation excellence. Implement effective and practiced techniques for solving problems. Effectively communicate with all levels (supplier, customer, vendor). Attend reviews and meetings. Increase management presence at customer accounts in order to achieve access to decision makers.
• Leadership: Act as leader in the branch. Instill vision and create enthusiasm to achieve goals. Use data and analysis to make recommendations to team and to management. Responsible for budgeting and planning. Key leader in facilitating implementation of process improvement based on data.
• Provides leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff
• Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related units
• Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities
• Controls resources and policy formation in area of responsibility
• Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives
• Identifies applications of functional knowledge and existing methodologies to complex problems
• Manages large teams of professionals and/or junior managers
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 8 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent related experience.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top