Manager, ECS Inside Sales
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
The Inside Sales Manager is responsible for managing the sales efforts of their team and providing leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with the companies vision. This Senior role works closely with the Director, Inside Sales to create the strategic and sales objectives for their department. Has a high-level understanding of the ECS business, and their department, to leverage sales opportunities. Can anticipate future trends and leads the organization and their teams accordingly. Represents the team internally and externally; ensures their department is exceeding expectations from both a Vendor and Customer perspective. Manages their workforce by making decisions on workload and setting priorities for the team. Recruits, hires, develops and mentors high‐performing, high‐potential talent. Consistently recommends operational improvements, contributes to strategic objectives and manages team effectiveness. Accurately forecasts and drives their teams to manage opportunities and sales.
- Responsible for setting the strategic and sales objectives for their teams; creates tactical solutions to meet/exceed objectives.
- Actively enhances team through recruiting, hiring and creating personnel development plans.
- Responsible for ensuring employee education and maintaining appropriate vendor certifications on the team.
- Identifies and nurtures high potential talent; plans succession for team and strategically partners with larger organization to build a talent pipeline for positions outside of immediate team.
- Demonstrates excellence in improving process, progress and drives results.
- Creates vision for their team and executes through strategic direction and priorities; accountable for team performance.
- Point of Escalation
- Serve as the point person for sales team for strategy opportunities, problem resolution and escalated issues
- Keeps both excellence in customer service and company profitability in mind during decision making processes
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Opportunity Management
- Develops sales team to accurately enter and manage opportunities.
- Has a deep understanding of the marketplace and trends, able to find solutions to shortcomings in sales numbers through actively managing opportunities.
- Ensures information in the Opportunity Manager system is accurate and up-to-date.
- Reviews information consistently; actively manages accounts.
- Measures performance against goals and evaluates results.
- Holds team accountable for the information in Opportunity Manager and provides course correction when necessary.
- Relationship Management
- Educate partners how to register opportunities and transact business with Arrow & vendor
- Collaborates with the in-house Marketing team on effective messaging and marketing campaigns.
- Explains, when appropriate, the marketplace and opportunities for growth.
- Actively participates as a resource for the Marketing team
- 5+ years industry experience with progressive supervisory experience
- Previous experience profiling customer accounts and providing competitive quotes to win business
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle several projects at one time
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- College degree preferred
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top