Manager, Business Continuity II
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
This position reports into Global Business Operations and will be responsible for all planning and operational aspects, including execution, of Arrow Electronics’ business continuity program. This includes coordinating with business and functional unit leadership in the development, implementation, and maintenance of tailored plans and procedures to mitigate the negative effects of disruptive events. This role requires ensuring the business can resume operations as soon as possible with minimal interruption and loss.
This position is responsible for managing business continuity policies, procedures, and action plans in North America, EMEA, and APAC through a matrix reporting structure. This position will partner closely with business leaders, HR, IT, Facilities, Logistics, and other functional leaders to ensure all business disruption policies are in place, and are aligned with local, regional laws and compliance regulations.
- Oversee the design, development, maintenance, and implementation of business continuity plans for all businesses and functional areas on a global basis. Respond and lead global teams when business continuity plans are activated.
- Develop and implement business continuity policies, procedures and best practices on a global, organization-wide basis and supervise the implementation and maintenance of these procedures through the regional leads.
- Monitor developing situations that pose a risk to business continuity and be ready to respond on a 24×7 basis. Assume responsibility for the global business continuity team’s effectiveness when responding to an incident.
- 10+ years of experience with business continuity planning techniques; expertise with business continuity tools and demonstrated ability to leverage the latest technology to enhance capabilities on a global scale
- Proven effectiveness running a global virtual team in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated adaptability and responsiveness in a wide variety of stressful situations
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, including ability to successfully navigate a highly-matrixed organization and effectively interact with all levels of employees
- Proven experience presenting to and working with executive management.
- Individual should be a motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability for increased responsibilities.
- Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and proficiency.
- Level of Education: 4 year college degree
- Type of Degree: Business or Engineering
- Certifications: Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP) or equivalent is preferred. Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) is a minimum requirement.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top