Manager, Accounting/Finance II
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for a Manager, Accounting II in our Englewood, CO location.
The Manager, Accounting will lead areas of the general ledger close and fulfill monthly financial reporting and compliance requirements. This position will oversee the work of lower level accountants and/or accounting managers and resolve escalated research issues. The manager of accounting will build strong working relationships with all levels of finance staff in other locations and supervise/manage a group of senior level and junior level accountants. In addition, this position will be tasked with special projects.
- Management of staff – hiring, developing, coaching, training, resource allocation. Talent management, performance management. Provide mentoring and leadership to attract, develop and retain talent.
- Ensure all deadlines related to monthly and quarterly close activities are met.
- Oversee the research of complex GAAP issues escalated from the staff; provide direction on technical accounting matters.
- Lead complex special projects related to new processes, issues or changes in structure. Lead internal cross-divisional reporting. Act as liaison for department.
- Provide clean and accurate financial reporting and ensure that all reconciliations are accurate, informative and current.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 legislation as well as corporate and regional policies and procedures.
- Instill a mindset of continuous process improvement consistent with accounting principles, corporate policies and government regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 6-8 years of related experience as operation finance with solid knowledge on warehousing costing, absorption costs, cost per line items, etc, and 3+ years of people management experience.
- Proven leadership capabilities including the ability to hire and develop strong talent for financial roles.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills – must be have advanced Excel skills.
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills.
- A team player that is a highly motivated self-starter – ability to maintain a cooperative and professional work relationship with internal and external partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced degree.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX and/or Oracle ERP Systems.
- International Accounting.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top