The Manager, Accounting will lead areas of the general ledger close and fulfill monthly financial reporting and compliance requirements. This position will oversee the work of lower level accountants and/or accounting managers and resolve escalated research issues. The manager of accounting will build strong working relationships with all levels of finance staff in other locations and supervise/manage a group of senior level and junior level accountants. In addition, this position will be tasked with special projects.
• Management of staff - hiring, developing, coaching, training, resource allocation. Talent management, performance management. Provide mentoring and leadership to attract, develop and retain talent.
• Ensure all deadlines related to monthly and quarterly close activities are met.
• Conduct review of journal entries, account reconciliations and financial reporting and analysis completed by General Ledger accounting staff and more junior accounting managers.
• Oversee the research of complex GAAP issues escalated from the staff; provide direction on technical accounting matters.
• Perform due diligence related to mergers/acquisitions, define and manage consolidations as well as all finance related processes, coordinate information exchange and monitor conversion testing. Perform specific merger related accounting tasks in order to ensure purchase transactions/entities are properly accounted for.
• Lead complex special projects related to new processes, issues or changes in structure. Lead internal cross-divisional reporting. Act as liaison for department.
• Provide clean and accurate financial reporting and ensure that all reconciliations are accurate, informative and current.
• Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 legislation as well as corporate and regional policies and procedures.
• Instill a mindset of continuous process improvement consistent with accounting principles, corporate policies and government regulations.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
• 6-8 years of related experience and 3+ years of people management experience.
• Strong internal controls, Sarbanes-Oxley and SEC reporting.
• Proven leadership capabilities including the ability to hire and develop strong talent for financial roles.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills - must be have advanced Excel skills.
• Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills.
• A team player that is a highly motivated self-starter - ability to maintain a cooperative and professional work relationship with internal and external partners.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Advanced degree.
• CPA; Public Accounting experience.
• Experience with Oracle ERP Systems and Hyperion.
• International Accounting.
• Experience with Acquisitions.
• Fortune 500 experience.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top