Logistics/Value Add Engineer I
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
At Arrow Electronics, our people are the momentum behind all that we do, and together we will accelerate growth in our core businesses, high-growth product sets and technology lifecycle services. We are as committed to the individual success of our people as we are to that of the company. We encourage all employees to take an active role in managing their career, not only to support our global strategy but also to advance themselves professionally.
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for an Industrial Engineer / CPI / Logistics in our Reno, NV location. This Opportunity is open to Canidates From University of Nevada – Reno. This position is responsible for the design and build of equipment/processes for use by the business. Additional responsibilities will include: develop process and procedure, create, maintain and provide documentation; evaluate and maintain quality of cycle time and processes; specialized engineering projects requiring high level engineering skills and analytical capabilities; determine and obtain specialized device support; determine and assist with specialized technical device related issues.
Essential functions include but not limited to:
- Develop processes and procedures for business units; generally for logistics, value added and distribution centers.
- Provide support for business units: provide technical and training support – develop, update and maintain instructional documents and process instructions to assist in production within the unit, parts ordering, facility layout.
- Manage implementation of improvement solution; identify areas to improve equipment or personnel utilization on the production floor.
- Monitor implemented solutions and present findings to appropriate management groups as needed.
- Update manufacturing instructions.
- Up to 25% travel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with minimum 1-Yr. related experience.
- MS Office and AutoCAD experience.
- Data assembly, analysis, and trending with data beyond limits of Excel.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing.
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of procedures and concepts in own technical/subject area.
- In-depth understanding of how the team integrates with others in accomplishing the results of the area.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
Arrow helps the world’s best technology companies think “Five Years Out,” working together to innovate the next big thing, after the next big thing. We are a global provider of technology products, services and solutions, with 2014 sales of $22.8 billion. Our team includes 17,000 employees worldwide across more than 460 locations in 56 countries. “Five Years Out” is the tangible future and the people who live and work there know that new technologies, new materials, new ideas and new electronics will make life not only different, but better. Not just cheaper, but smarter. Not just easier, but more inspired. Are you “Five Years Out”? Then you’ll want to be working with us.
ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST APPLY ON-LINE
Please include a resume and complete the application listing recent employment history.
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top