● Directs and coordinates the movement of all inbound, outbound, and foreign to foreign freight movement. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures allowing this individual to provide support to internal and external customers in determining cost-effective, timely and compliant freight movements.
● Responsible for quoting freight charges utilizing preferred freight vendors. Must have comprehension of freight variables (class, weight, dimensional weights, service levels). Experience in white glove service/on site packaging is preferred.
● Relies on extensive experience and judgment to determine best methods of freight movement to assist Trade in making decisions during the order acquisition process. Provide solutions to complex logistics transactions.
● Provides outbound in transit tracking for internal and external customers.
● Shipments executed include TL, LTL and secured freight. Experience booking freight using online tools is required.
● Works with freight vendors in arranging freight movement and rearrange in transit to satisfy customer needs.
● Manage of the Annex 24 system
● Works with Management and freight carriers to ensure that all freight charges are complete and accurate and as quoted by the carriers in their transactional quotes and negotiated tariffs.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Entry level job with limited prior relevant training or work experience
● Acquires basic skills to perform routine tasks
● Work is prescribed and completed with little autonomy
● Has limited discretion to vary from established procedures
● Works with either close supervision or under clearly defined procedures
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 1 year of experience. For warehouse jobs: Typically requires at least 5 years of experience.
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top