Linux Solutions Architect
Position:Linux Solutions Architect
The Arrow Linux Solution Architect will play a critical business role involving extensive interaction with our customers, IBM and Arrow sales leaders. Teamwork, negotiation, planning, project management, communication and collaboration skills are needed. The role requires an understanding of IBM's artificial intelligence (AI) and Cognitive platforms and solutions, in addition to strong knowledge and experience in Linux environments.
- Consult, develop and implement technical and related sales enablement plans with partners and internal/external customers to support revenue and margin goals.
- Provide Pre-Sales Technical Support, complex sales tool configurations, and systems design to implement systems software solutions and/or products.
- Conduct partner and sales technical team training. Assist Arrow customers and partners with technical certifications, or with product/technology demonstrations.
- Obtain training and maintain knowledge of industry standards, new technologies and current issues.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Represents the level at which career may stabilize for many years or even until retirement
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products/services or processes
- Typically resolves complex problems or problems where precedent may not exist
- Often leads the work of project teams; may formally train junior staff
- Works independently
Experience / Education
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years' experience in a client-facing analytics or technical role with a 4-year degree; or 3 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 or more years with Linux solutions architecture
- Red Hat Certification required.
- Knowledge in cognitive computing
- Basic knowledge in business value assessment
- Strong presentation and sales skills.
- Proven ability to quickly establish rapport with Senior and C level executives
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- 30% travel required.
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top