Learning and Development Intern- Part Time- Summer 2017
Learning and Development Intern- Summer 2017
Arrow Electronics – www.fiveyearsout.com
Who is Arrow Electronics?
Globally headquartered in Denver, CO, Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services, and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions, with 2015 sales of $23.28 billion. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in over 85 countries.
A Fortune 120 company with 18,500 employees worldwide, Arrow brings technology solutions to a breadth of markets, including telecommunications, information systems, transportation, medical, industrial, and consumer electronics.
Arrow provides extraordinary value to customers and suppliers – the best technology companies in the world – and connects them through the company’s industry-leading services.
Why Be an Intern?
- Hands-on approach to learning and applying your degree
- Chance to network with 160+ interns across the U.S.
- Small forums with our Executives and past interns
- Stretch your presentation skills in front of our VP’s and Directors
The Learning and Development Intern is responsible for providing administrative support (admin) and coordination of all internal training programs and activities for the company. The Learning & Development Summer Intern will have the opportunity to join the ECS L&D team to gain exposure to all aspects of the L&D process as it pertains to the adult learner. This position requires a high level of detail and organization as well as the ability to problem solve.
The Intern will learn the benefits surrounding employee and organizational development, training programs/frameworks and gain exposure to many sales concepts. The intern will spend the remainder of their time receiving additional on-the-job experience and classroom learning.
- Understand all aspects of the internal training calendar and mailbox using MS Outlook as well as the Learning Management System calendar
- Assist in managing the inviting/tracking/completion/certification of training attended by employees in MS Outlook and company Learning Management System (LMS)
- Coordinate logistics of training events, including workshop logistics, communication with participants, and coordination of printed training materials
- Update instructor team course materials and upload into the Learning Management System
- Maintain and set up training facilities and equipment pre and post training (must be able to lift 25lbs.)
- Attends training seminars, staff meetings and supervision on a weekly basis and in a prompt manner.
- Assisting with the on-boarding process,
- Administer training attendance documentation
- Maintain immixGroup’s Learning Management System’s user profiles to reflect the correct trainings attended.
- Assist with creation and voiceovers of eLearning courses.
- Research course materials as assigned by Training Program Management.
- Analyze and report upon various activities utilized by the L&D department as assigned by Training Program Management.
- Video tape training sessions and other content as required and upload into the Learning Management System.
- Understand the use of Webex
- Complete other training projects as assigned
Requirements & Skills
- Must be currently enrolled and at a Junior or Senior level
- Available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer (May or June through Mid-August)
- 3.0 GPA or Higher
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment as well as part of a team
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees and management
- Exceptional Written, Verbal, and Interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Capable of multitasking many projects and tasks efficiently and accurately
- Sales industry experience preferred
- Experience with Articulate a plus
- Experience with Learning Management System a plus
- Problem solving – work with management to overcome obstacles within a supplier and make it transparent to sales team
This is a paid internship
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top