IT Software Quality Assurance Analyst II
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
A Quality Assurance Analyst (QA Analyst) in Arrow’s eCommerce division has the opportunity to do a lot more than validate requirements against software. An Arrow eCommerce QA Analyst works in any way necessary and with anyone necessary to protect the integrity and functionality of Arrow’s eCommerce platform. The QA Analyst is integral to the success of our eCommerce presence and is regarded as such. Arrow’s eCommerce presence not only provides shopping access to over 300 million searchable products, highly interactive design tools, and live access to specialists, but also keeps pace with the demand for the Internet of Things. By 2020, there will be an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the internet.
Your work to assure a rock solid customer experience at Arrow will contribute directly to the future of the internet, five years out.
You will apply your knowledge and expertise to define comprehensive tests, set test expectations and criteria, provide actionable quality reports. Acquiring the data for millions of electronic parts and making them available to the Makers of the world is not an easy task. Working on a cross-functional Agile team, you will actively drive the quality assurance each sprint in tandem with your teammates. You will have every opportunity to help us reach for our goal of zero escaped defects.
Our team is highly energetic, collaborative, and passionate about our work. We pride ourselves on incorporating the latest test methods, processes, and automation tools into our continuous integration development environment. This allows us to continually improve not only the experience for our customers, but the expediency with which we can deliver new functionality. We’re looking for a team member who wants to work hard to continuously improve their skills with us as we improve the quality, effectiveness, and value of our product.
- Lead complex test efforts that require multiple test resources and coordination with multiple development teams
- Work under minimal supervision while delivering on aggressive schedules
- Design and plan test tasks to assuring quality in all products delivered to clients
- Produce detailed metrics to track and manage testing progress
- Drive resolution of complex defects across multiple technology tiers and with geographically dispersed teams
- Participate in the execution of test cases required for each project and question the performance of the software without assistance.
- Produce reports that reflect open issues for developers and management to review
- Organize and participate in test plan reviews
- Working with developers to understand and identify edge case scenarios and provide related risks assessments.
- Coach and educate others to increase early defect detection rates and decrease defect escape rates.
- Make a difference
- 3+ years’ relevant experience working in a comparable software development environment
- 1+ years’ experience performing quality assurance analysis in an Agile development environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- A passion for learning and applying new test tools and techniques
- Understanding of REST APIs,
- Familiarity with Microsoft and Open Source development environments
- Experience working as a QA Analyst in an Agile environment
- Experience testing and troubleshooting Web applications
- Creation of test cases aligned to stories
- Ability to maintain a high level of effective communication with onsite and virtual teams.
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated self-management and personal accountability
- Microsoft .NET web application configuration and deployment
- Previous experience with eCommerce applications
- Atlassian software development tools
- Exposure to test case management tools
What is in it for you?
- Healthcare insurance
- Vacation/Paid time off
- 401(k) plan, retirement plan and/or pension
- Community involvement opportunities
More about Arrow:
Arrow helps the world’s best technology companies think “Five Years Out,” working together to innovate the next big thing, after the next big thing. We are a global provider of technology products, services and solutions, with 2014 sales of $22.8 billion. Our team includes 17,000 employees worldwide across more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
“Five Years Out” is the tangible future and the people who live and work there know that new technologies, new materials, new ideas and new electronics will make life not only different, but better. Not just cheaper, but smarter. Not just easier, but more inspired.
Are you “Five Years Out”? Then you’ll want to be working with us.
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top