IT Service Technician
Job Title: IT Service Technician Hours: 9am – 5pm
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor Grade: Determined by experience
- Assists the maintenance team in completing projects, work orders, call responses, and preventive maintenance activities. Works with conveyor, HVAC, and electrical systems as well as machinery such as forklifts and work assist vehicles. This work can be dirty or heavy at times.
- Acts as the first line of response for all facility building & equipment needs.
- Prioritizes and multi-tasks in response to issues that arise with facility equipment.
- Performs intermediate MS Office functions and work with MS Outlook sending emails.
- Responsible for maintaining the Asset Inventory Database and ensuring it is up to date.
- Responsible for assisting the IT communication analyst and maintenance department in daily activities including production IT equipment replacement, Windows background, troubleshooting, & repairs.
- Maintains efficient stock of all IT equipment supplies to include toners &6 maintenance kits,
- Proven multi-tasking & prioritization experience in a fast paced environment.
- Familiarity with the proper & safe use of both power and hand tools.
- High comfort level with all aspects of safety related to the occupation.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple demands from all levels of the organization and to work on a team with shared responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal instruction and high accountability.
- Some analytical problem solving & troubleshooting ability.
- Ability to look/identify/order necessary parts to complete tasks
- Ability to lift 50 Lbs and carry for 50 feet.
- Ability to climb to the top of an access staircase & crawl under low-clearance conveyor.
- Ability to work all production shifts with advanced notice and a high level of availability for overtime to include Saturday (with occasional Sundays).
- Experienced with Machining, Carpentry, Plumbing, Welding, HVAC, lifts, etc
- Forklift certification and experience.
- Experience in industrial or commercial maintenance or formal vocational training.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering prints .
- Experience with the execution of preventative maintenance software & activities.
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST APPLY ON-LINE
Go to Planet Arrow & click on CLEAR to the left of the screen
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referral
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Contact Email: [email protected]
Internal candidates should submit an Application for Internal Job Posting Form to your current manager/supervisor before the last date of the posting period as indicated above. Job postings will be displayed for all employees for a period not less than (5) working days.
To underscore Arrow Electronics’ commitment to increasing development opportunities for our employees and better utilizing our existing talent, we are committed to maintaining a process that communicates job opportunities and considers the strengths and abilities of our people.
While the printed postings are primarily focused on the current location, we encourage you to visit and search the online Job Postings section of PlanetArrow to explore opportunities throughout our organization.
Also, keep in mind “Connections”, our Employee Referral program as many of the available job opportunities may be ideal for people you know. If your referral is hired you may be eligible for an employee referral bonus. Please visit the Connections website on PlanetArrow or speak with your local HR contact for more information about the specifics of this program.
Back to top