IT Programmer/Analyst II
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Linux System Administrator
Arrow Electronics, Inc. – Englewood, CO
Reports to: Systems and Infrastructure Manager
Arrow Electronics has an excellent opportunity for a Linux System Administrator in our Englewood, CO location. This position will be responsible for internal dedicated and cloud server infrastructure. This role will be working closely with others in maintaining and expanding our network infrastructure, servers and data storage. We are looking for a fearless Systems Administrator to be our modern-day hero. The ideal candidate is someone that has in-depth experience administering enterprise level systems, a strong desire to learn new skills and have fun doing it.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work on various system projects related to Linux, Windows, storage and application support.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and projects/operational requirements
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes
- 3 – 5 years of Systems Administration experience
- Experience administering RHEL environments
- Experience patching, upgrading servers, monitoring and maintenance
- Experience with Azure or Rackspace
- Experience with DNS, Routing, Firewall
- Shell scripting using Perl, Bash, C Shell, Korn or similar to automate tasks and processes
- Understanding of multi-tier application architecture and technologies (web servers, database servers, load balancers, etc.)
- Sever configuration using automation tools such as Salt and Puppet
- MySQL database administration
- Windows server administration, Windows Clustering, IIS, Active Directory
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top