IT Manager, Identity & Access Management
IT Manager, Identity & Access Management
Who is Arrow Electronics?
Globally headquartered in Denver, CO, Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services, and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions, with 2016 sales of $23.8 billion. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 465 locations in 90 countries.
A Fortune 118 company with 18,700 employees worldwide, Arrow brings technology solutions to a breadth of markets, including telecommunications, information systems, transportation, medical, industrial, and consumer electronics.
Arrow provides extraordinary value to customers and suppliers - the best technology companies in the world - and connects them through the company's industry-leading services.
Diversity and Inclusion
Being a global company means that our people, customers and suppliers come from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Here at Arrow, we believe a culture of diversity and inclusion positively affects the workplace and drives superior business performance, which allows us to compete successfully in a global marketplace. Diversity provides a broad spectrum of views and experiences for employees to draw on and promotes creativity and innovation.
Arrow fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that encourages an open exchange of ideas, where all employees are included, valued and respected. We believe embracing and learning from individual differences gives our company a sustained, competitive advantage that makes us better able to serve all of our customers, suppliers and employees.
In order to effectively foster an environment where everyone feels included and enabled to reach their full potential, we all work together to ensure that:
- Our workplace mirrors the marketplace at all levels of the organization;
- Our managers are equipped to effectively manage differences; and
- Our work environment supports a culture of diversity and inclusion.
The Role - Manager of Identity & Access Management (Denver, CO)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager of Identity & Access Management to join an established yet expanding Information Security Team. This position reports into the Director, IT Risk. We are looking for the right self-starter that has been in the IAM field for some time, has a positive attitude and willingness to drive work and projects to completion in an evolving environment. This role is exciting because it provides the opportunity for an IAM leader to end up owning this entire space, many pieces of which are green field for automation and programmatic IAM processes.
The Identity and Access Management Leader is responsible for the strategy, technology and processes related to Arrow's global account life cycle for how internal and external users are given an identity, how it is protected, tracked, audited and used within applications. This leader will work closely with information and physical security, compliance, infrastructure and applications teams to define and enforce policies, practices and procedures related to administrative privileges as well as all system access accounts. The drive towards automation and reducing human driven manual processes is a key responsibility for this position. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to be on the ground floor of these new capabilities and will need to work towards automation of most, if not all, identity tasks.
You will also have the responsibility for maturing an existing IAM program and managing a global team. There may be some travel involved, no more than 20% annually along with opportunities to collaborate virtually across multiple time zones.
Detailed focus areas + responsibilities:
- Ensure that Arrow's Identity & Access Management Services are designed to be compliant with security and privacy standards and other industry standards and practices.
- Planning, executing and successful delivery of projects in both the IAM/PAM space.
- Oversee and guide the operations of identity & access management systems including integrations to MS Active Directory, LDAP and two factor authentication.
- Driving automation throughout the entire provisioning/deprovisioning cycle using established IAM products at Arrow.
- Providing high level leadership for individual contributors to ensure their core responsibilities which encompasses timely and accurate account provisioning, modifications and terminations across multiple systems are conducted in a service-oriented manner for Arrow's internal and external customers.
- Ensuring all processes and workflows are accurately captured and documented for governance and providing the ability to successfully pass both internal and external audits.
- Establish consistent global documented policies, standards, procedures and guidelines around the governance of IAM processes (provisioning, deprovisioning, entitlements etc.)
- Lead and develop a staff of ~8 IAM team members on multiple projects & IAM operations.
- Recruit, develop and retain team members who are staffed in varied geographic locations.
- Ensures identity and access management team members maintain current knowledge of provisioning best practices and alignment/adherence to Arrow's corporate security policy. Creates and/or matures an effective identity and access management security governance, policy, and process to mandate repeatable, accurate and validated processes. Provides guidance and advocacy regarding prioritization of investment and implementation of projects in line with security strategy. Ensures adherence to industry best-practice approaches to onboarding, implementation, operation and management for provisioning systems. Assists information owners in identifying user access requirements for onboarding new systems/applications.
- Partners with Information Security Training & Awareness to build IAM awareness programs with clear and easy to understand processes for end users on how to accomplish requests.
- Maintain processes which drive the provisioning of user access for distributed systems, remote access and other systems/processes.
- Oversees administration of provisioning processes to safeguard against excessive access, separation of duties and least privilege access models.
- Provides consulting to application owners on quarterly review process and generates relevant IAM metrics to measure effectiveness of program.
Requirements & Skills
- College degree in Information Technology related field.
- Minimum of 5-10 years' experience in account administration, including Active Directory, LDAP, IAM and PAM.
- Ability to facilitate a team environment encouraging communication and cooperative problem solving
- Experience with automating and integrating hire to retire processes between HRIS and IAM platforms.
- Experience with entitlement management (responsibility/role changes) across disparate systems.
- Experience with Identity Management platforms, basic administration and configuration are a strong plus.
- Working and functional knowledge of Information Systems technology, applications, databases and integrations (you do not need to be heavy hands on but must be able to figure your way around systems/apps and demonstrate technical leadership qualities).
- Very strong understanding of role-based access control (RBAC), discretionary access control (DAC), principles of least privilege and separation of duties.
- Minimum of at least 2 cycles for logical access audits (internal or external auditor). Demonstrated ability to have successfully passed logical access audits.
- Capable of collaborating with other business teams to elicit the account lifecycle processes and align an IDM strategy to those requirements.
- Ability to clearly and effectively explain complex IAM technical concepts to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills required to communicate with employees, customers, and vendors verbally and in writing in a technical and non-technical manner.
- Experience in Oracle environments a plus
Non-Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top