IT E-Commerce Analyst
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for an Electronic Commerce Analyst in our Melville, NY location.
First line of contact for Arrow regarding E-Commerce (EDI, RosettaNet, and other B2B) for all North American customers, suppliers, and internal Arrow users. Provide technical support assistance for trading partners and Arrow business users including but not limited to the following.
- Analyze and manage daily production transactions and escalate issues to the appropriate business partners
- Setup and support of EDI/RN partnerships and VAN/3rd party communications
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve or escalate problems with EDI X12, EDIFACT, or RosettaNet data and/or mapping errors
- Trace data through from back-end Oracle ERP system to webMethods translator and identify issues
- Monitor error alerts and reprocess data as needed
- Act as functional analyst by gathering business requirements, creating solutions, and communicating them to development team
- Attend conference calls with Arrow business users and trading partners
- Run SQL queries to trace data and report statistics
- Provide 2nd-level support to Offshore B2B support and development teams (Asia, India)
- College degree or high school diploma with technical or business training or experience
- 5 years IT technical support experience in EDI and/or B2B
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Basic understanding of SQL and the ability to modify and run SQL queries
- Experience with EDI translator software
- Must be willing to learn new systems and procedures
- Experience webMethods a plus
- Basic knowledge of Oracle or SAP ERP system a plus
- Large Corporation experience
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top