IT Director Global Telecommunications
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
The Director IT Telecommunications has responsibility for all aspects of voice and data communications technology at Arrow including strategic planning and design, engineering implementation, capacity planning and support services for a Fortune 150 company. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience providing leadership to the network engineering and network security teams responsible for vision, strategy, and deployment of global telecommunications services in a global company. Responsibilities vendor contract and expense management of Carrier services.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Oversee Arrow’s network engineering and network security planning and design, voice and video communications and telecom expense management teams
- Leverage understanding of market conditions and new technology advancements to support current and future business direction for all telecommunications requirements
- Manage capital and operating budget
- Manage network integration for newly acquired companies.
- Lead a team of managers and senior managers and a total population of 40+ employees
- Provide coaching, guidance, training, leadership (teachable point of view), opportunity for employee career growth. Facilitate and encourage ideas and participation
- Partner with the business and other areas of IT in order to meet internal and external customer requirements
- Define network architecture standards, develop and implement cost effective telecommunications solutions to meet Arrow’s business needs
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, IT, or related field, or equivalent experience and technical training preferred
- 10+ years of experience in technology roles, at least 5 of which include managing a large global staff
- Extensive experience in managing supervisors, managers and technical teams that are regionally and globally distributed.
- Has a good understanding of business and financial aspects of IT.
- Has experience negotiations with vendors.
- Directs team in long term strategic planning and architecture design for voice, data, telecom services and procurement strategy. Responsibilities include the development and implementation of processes, network architecture and standards, policy.
- Manages budgetary spend and performs budgetary planning.
- Prior experience managing large-scale contracts and vendor relationships with a specific focus on telecom. Ability to leverage negotiation skills in order to optimize use of telecom resources, identify technology solutions that provide a cost benefit.
- Experience managing global 24×7 IT operations
- Must be able to communicate and partner effectively across all levels of management and functional areas
- Demonstrate strong technical understanding of voice, video and data communications technologies
- Demonstrate ability to effectively manage, coach and develop a technically diverse workforce
- Willingness to travel domestically and international up to 20% of the time
- Ability to communicate, written and verbal, to both technical and non-technical co-workers
- Must have the ability to multi-task and track the status of multiple projects and issues at once
- Technology experience with:
- Network routing and Ethernet switching technologies (Cisco, HP, Juniper, other)
- Firewall management (Palo Alto, Juniper, Checkpoint)
- Wireless Lan technologies – (HP/Aruba, Cisco)
- WAN Routing technologies and protocols (MPLS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- VPN (IPSEC and GRE)
- Video Conferencing (Polycom, AMX, Skype for Business)
- Voice over IP communications (Avaya, Nortel, Mitel)
- Network management
- Prior technical and management experience responsible for managing a large, complex network
- Telecom organizational memberships
- Certification in management, leadership, project management, telecommunications technology
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top