IT Data, Security Analyst
Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions, with 2015 sales of $23.3 billion USD. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
A Fortune 119 company with 18,500 employees worldwide, Arrow brings technology solutions to a breadth of markets, including Telecommunications, Information Systems, Transportation, Medical, Industrial and Consumer Electronics.
Arrow’s India IT Center of Competency (COC) is the IT global services arm of Arrow, providing IT services to Arrow operations across North America (NA), Europe, Middle East, Africa and South America (EMEASA), Australia, New Zealand (ANZ) and Asia. We are dedicated to designing, developing, and managing some of Arrow’s mission critical applications, while achieving cost efficiencies for Arrow’s global operations.
Arrow is looking for skilled and experienced professionals with an innovative spirit for their Center of Competency in Bangalore and Pune. If you are enthusiastic, willing to learn, ready to take new initiatives and are absolute team players then take a leap aboard. We are sure you will find an exciting new work place and challenging work environment.
Position: IT Data, Security Analyst
Experience: 3 – 6 yrs
Education: B.E/ B. Tech/ MCA/ M. Sc (CS)
The IT Data Security Analyst coordinates planned security measures to protect information in computer files from accidental or unauthorized modification, destructions or disclosure. The role includes the responsibility for the creation and maintenance of user accounts and systems configurations on a vast array of applications, systems and devices with special attention to maintaining the security of the environment. In addition duties include the maintenance, monitoring and research of security technologies, processes & procedures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- User Account Administration: Active Directory, LDAP, Oracle: creation and maintenance of user accounts and groups, implementation of file-level and share-level security, user rights relating to shares and permissions. Miscellaneous Systems: creation and maintenance of user accounts on various Arrow internal systems using a wide variety of application interfaces (i.e., COTS, Unix, Mainframes)
- Identify, develop and recommend information security policies and principles that will ensure the integrity, confidentiality, reliability, and appropriate use of the company’s information assets.
- Keep abreast of evolving technologies to ensure appropriate security controls are implemented and maintained, identifying security risks to the department and being able to evaluate and recommend appropriate security measures, from a strategic perspective
- Application Management: May manage various systems such as Active Directory Management, LDAP tools, sharepoint and hosted ERMS systems. Tasks would include creation of profiles for report output, user access and some systems configuration or modifications as needed. Some proof of concept trial evaluations and technical research for administrative and/or security applications.
- E-Mail Administration: creation and maintenance of user accounts, manage corporate address book that includes managing most data flow into the corporate LDAP server. Knowledge of Office 365 access management.
- Responsible to ensure security measures for information systems is followed. Regulate access to computer data files and prevent unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure of information. Performs audits of organization’s new or current information systems. Evaluates operating practices to determine if controls and security measures are adequate. Confirms adherence to regulatory standards and financial controls.
- Interface with business to identify practical solutions applicable to the business needs based on available technology. Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities. May analyze or recommend commercially available software
- Ability to drive security project work including domain & systems clean up and security, research, roll-out and configuration of new enterprise wide solutions including salesforce.com and office 365.
- Develop and prepare documentation required to support recommendation/solution to the business, IT & End User Organizations. May include technical materials, such as equipment manuals, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions.
- Identify and develop new procedures or processes that will result in improvements. This may include basic powershell, VB or java scripting.
- Provide second level technical assistance to computer system users. Answer questions or resolve systems access problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote location. Process includes troubleshooting and support for Helpdesk. All problems are logged by the Arrow Helpdesk and tracked via the CA Service Desk system.
- Ability to work overtime when necessary·
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical individuals regarding security concerns, problems and questions.
- Must have a solid and broad technical foundation with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
Understanding of auditing concepts, approaches, controls and frameworks
- Awareness of relevant compliance requirements (HIPAA, state privacy laws, etc.).
- General knowledge of security systems (firewalls, IPS, anti-virus, encryption, authentication), local and wide-area networking, Microsoft systems and mobile technologies.
- Ability to multitask and switch focus among multiple different efforts quickly.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and adjust to upgrades to existing applications.
- Must have excellent organizational and self-management skills.
- Strong excel skills a must, Access skills a plus
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Active Directory in large-scale environment 100+ servers
- Minimum 4 years experience supporting users in an IT related discipline within a large corporate environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bachelor’s degree is a must.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top