Internal Sales Palo Alto
Position:Internal Sales Palo Alto
JOB TITLE: Palo Alto Inside Sales
JOB LOCATION: Harrogate
REPORTS TO: Simon Rushbrook
The Palo Alto Inside Sales Specialists play a key role in supporting the Vendor Team in providing Customer quotations across new business and renewals. The role will also include working closely with the PALO ALTO team to assist in growing the PALO ALTO Partner community, handle first line Pre-sales calls, and work as part of a team to grow PALO ALTO UK/I revenue streams.
Duties will include but are not restricted to:
- Opportunity ownership - to be responsible for the initiation through to close of all opportunities both new and renewal with a pre-defined criteria.
- Architecting customer solutions, utilising support from professional services if needed
- Generating quotations for customer accounts for new and renewal opportunities
- Qualifying by phone with Partners for renewals the opportunity to upsell and cross sell within the Vendor portfolio.
- Following quotes through by telephone with Partner to check understand and next steps
- Validating all quotes to meet the customers requested requirement
- Ensuring all quotes are uploaded onto the In-house system with all the relevant information added
- Owning & Hosting Pre-sales calls to create the correct solution – in co-ordination with Vincent Payne and the Technical Team
- Liaising with Vendor technical help desks to fulfil customer configuration requirements
- Training Resellers in the use of Vendor configuration and partner tools
- Attending vendor and in-house training courses to ensure skill levels are maintained
- Qualifying when the opportunity is likely to close by phone and how Arrow can assit in accelerating closing opportunities.
- Manintaining and updating a forecast and deal tracker on pre-defined opportunity criteria
- Continuous communication with Vendor and Arrow colleagues on opportunity status
- Checking quotes against customer purchase orders
- Proactive engagement with customers with a focus on building strong customer relationships.
- Occasional travel to Vendor and Partner offices
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Team player
- Highly motivated, with a pro-active approach to their workload
- Able to work on their own initiative
- Intelligent and keen to learn new skills
- Confident personality
Competencies (Individual Contributor) (1000)
- Delivers Results (Drive for Results)
- Customer Service Excellence (Customer Focus)
- Strong Telephone skills
- Influence and Relationship Building (Peer Relationships)
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Priority Setting
- Functional/Technical Skills
Hours of Work
The company's standard hours of work are 9.00am – 5.30 pm with one hour for lunch, however due to the nature of this role flexibility will be required in order to meet the needs of the role.
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top