Internal Business Development Manager - Trend Micro
JOB TITLE: Internal Business Development Manager – Trend Micro
DIVISION: Networking & Security
JOB LOCATION: Newmarket
REPORTS TO: Business Group Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with a strategic, high profile vendor within the Arrow ECS Networking & Security division. The primary function is to pro-actively drive sales of Trend Micro products and services within the Arrow ECS reseller channel.
The successful candidate will be a professional sales person who can demonstrate a career of consistent over achievement within a sales role, preferably within the IT Sector. They will be self-motivated, focused and above all, hungry to grow new business.
As this is primarily an office-based role, the main sales tools will be telephone and Web based presentation software. Occasionally, external meetings/seminars are required but this is not the main aspect of the role.
To work with the Arrow ECS Trend Micro product team, Internal Sales Account Managers and Global Account Directors (External Sales) to identify and develop the key reseller partners with good potential to sell Trend Micro technology and services. The responsibilities are but not restricted to:
- Maintain and develop relationships within the existing Trend Micro customer base.
- Deliver training to resellers via web presentations to promote Trend Micro products and services.
- Work closely with the sales team at Trend Micro forecasting and managing opportunities, deal registration and none standard pricing.
- Take key ownership of the pipeline, ensuring all deals are forecasted and managed accordingly.
- Work with Business Managers / Account Managers and vendor to deliver on business plans.
- Take ownership for opportunities to ensure key benefits have been understood, competitors eliminated, objections overcome, budget is in place and follow through to closure.
- Engage with the end user where necessary to act as a trusted advisor to sell Trend Micro solutions.
- Work with resellers to find new customers and opportunities by assisting with marketing plans.
- Meet targets for development partner activities and appointments arranged.
- Meet internal profit targets on the sale of products and services.
- Take responsibility for self-development in both product knowledge and job competencies.
- Delivers Results (Drive for Results)
- Customer Service Excellence (Customer Focus)
- Influence and Relationship Building (Peer Relationships)
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Time Management
- Sales/Systems Skills
- Account Territory Management
Skills & Experience
- Ability to sell solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences, primarily over the telephone (customer facing telephone experience required) and via web based presentations.
- Self- motivated with a hard-working, proactive approach to problem solving.
- Structured sales approach i.e. mining information for the right contracts, building confidence and trust within the customer base.
- Strong desire to give excellent customer service i.e. resolving enquiries fully, swiftly and pleasantly.
- Capable of learning technical concepts of the product portfolio (training will be given).
- Self-starter with outgoing personality and with an unselfish team player attitude.
- Ability to cope under pressure and prioritise work accordingly.
- Sound business acumen and ability to understand and interact with a broad range of customers.
- Numerate and competent in Microsoft Word Processing and Spreadsheet packages.
Hours of Work
The company’s standard hours of work are 9.00am – 5.30 pm with one hour for lunch, however due to the nature of this role flexibility will be required in order to meet the needs of the role, particularly around month, quarter and year ends.
Back to top