Inside Sales/Customer Service Manager
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for an Inside Sales / Customer Service Manager in our Reno, NV Programming Center; reporting to the Director of Arrow Production Services. This position is responsible for all aspects of inside sales and customer service activities in support of growing Arrow’s programming engagements in North American. In addition, this position will have full responsibility for exercising judgment and discretion in the effective establishment and ongoing development of an inside sales team. Candidate must be proficient in managing and growing client relationships, disciplined in sales funnel management, aware of industry trends, support the socialization of newer solutions opportunities to clients and Arrow’s core selling team. Additional responsibilities/attributes include: ability for meaningful interaction with sales leads database, understanding of document control, familiar with use and creation of standard work instructions, process oriented mindset, ability to work closely with operations, support internal and external clients requests, manage quote log/develop maintain other KPI metrics. Though North America focused, this role will interact regularly with Arrow’s global programming team.
Essential functions include but not limited to:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and develop a team responsible for providing timely and accurate service support.
- Responsibility for addressing all internal and external customer communications, requests, and any other contact.
- Identify opportunities to market Arrow as the solutions provider of choice for gained market share (sales revenue, client count, number of units programmed). –Focus on growing North American Programming Attach Rate
- Deliver focused solutions/proposals to drive increased sales, thus expanding customer relationship and retention.
- Competitively & Profitably price simple to moderately complex solutions, apply price variants when applicable; example- volume discount, contractual pricing, special pricing, etc.
- Create and deliver solutions/proposals to the customer; using best judgment and Arrow pricing strategy/metrics to effectively configure, price, and process requests for specific hardware, software, services, configuration design or alternative using market expertise and experience.
- Routinely negotiate terms, e.g., pricing, freight, return privileges, product substitutions, insurance, terminations, etc., as applicable and owns to completion, all agreed-upon customer program requirements.
- Assesses the status of various business opportunities on each account, provides appropriate information to forecast consolidations and manages the opportunity and pipeline activity to close within the identified forecast period.
- Participate in or sometimes manage implementation projects; lead project teams
- Develop key performance indicators and monitor for improvement
- Demonstrated working knowledge of programming industry: product, pricing, customer service models, etc.
- Effectively engage Arrow Global Programming marketing team for concept and execution of plans.
- Demonstrated working level of negation and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks based on process requirements.
- Familiar with supply chain, lean/6-sigma principles, ISO systems, financial acumen
- Demonstrated verbal, written, sales, marketing, presentation and interpersonal communications skills.
- Up to 15% travel required.
- Three to Five years of progressive experience that includes selling, marketing and promoting solutions to customers in a technical or product support role within a computer products, system solutions-related distribution business or similar environment.
- Minimum, Associate’s Degree in business, marketing, computer science or related field or an equivalent combination of formal education, training and directly related progressive job experience.
- Diverse experience with major semiconductor suppliers’ products and technologies.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently or with minimal supervision.
- Strong MS Office experience required with emphasis in Excel, Access and Visio.
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of how the team integrates with others in accomplishing the results of the area.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
Arrow helps the world’s best technology companies think “Five Years Out,” working together to innovate the next big thing, after the next big thing. We are a global provider of technology products, services and solutions, with 2013 sales of $21.4 billion. Our team includes 16,000 employees worldwide across more than 460 locations in 58 countries.
“Five Years Out” is the tangible future and the people who live and work there know that new technologies, new materials, new ideas and new electronics will make life not only different, but better. Not just cheaper, but smarter. Not just easier, but more inspired.
Are you “Five Years Out”? Then you’ll want to be working with us.
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top