Inside Sales Representative II
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Responsible for the day-to-day sales support and customer service activities. Assists in determining and understanding customers’ requirements for Arrow ECS product offerings and services. Able to translate products and promotions into benefits for a customer. Able to provide alternative products and solutions. Serves as a liaison between Arrow’s internal resources (field sales, engineering, supplier marketing, manufacturing facilities, purchasing and other corporate departments), vendor resources and customers. Demonstrates a proactive approach and sense of urgency on our customers’ behalf, anticipates our customers’ requirements and communicates efforts in a timely and effective manner. Establishes and retains strong and influential customer, supplier and internal relationships. Proactively provides assistance to the team when the business requires additional resources.
- Software Licensing and Pricing Requests as applicable to Opportunity:
- Collaborates with customers to provide accurate, complete, and timely information regarding pricing and software licensing.
- Required to generate accurate and timely high level requests without any assistance.
- Gathers and utilizes vendor and Arrow contract and warranty data to assist in opportunity identification. Able to educate and recommend additional products and services to enhance the total solution.
- Customer Opportunity Support:
- Leverages Arrow and vendor programs and promotions to progress a transaction through the sales cycle.
- Manages vendor special pricing programs including; submissions for pricing request and any data or program dependencies, tracking requests for approval, logging of all submissions and results, and notification to the customers of any outstanding or expiring requests.
- Involves other resources (field, brand, engineering, financing, vendor, etc) to address issues.
- Quote and Order Preparation
- Processes quotes for specified customers and/or quote revisions for mass price changes or program changes
- Prepare orders, from quote work if applicable, for submission based on receipt of the customers’ purchase orders ensuring that all required information for accurate processing is included.
- Problem Resolution
- Works with appropriate vendor contacts and internal departments to solve pre-sales and post-sales problems – End User records, programs, maintenance contract additions, invoicing, credit, etc. Escalates issues when appropriate to management.
- Opportunity tracking and Forecasting:
- Develops opportunities and effectively increases sales by consultative interaction with customers in order to achieve or exceed sales and margin quota. Able to communicate information on all significant opportunities
- Responsible for consolidating, entering and validating end user opportunities for their assigned resellers. Responsible for updating sales cycle progress. Uses the opportunity information and is responsible for providing a timely, accurate forecast to manager.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Read and interpret documents such as general business periodicals, technical papers and procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Communicate ideas and information in a concise, logical way.
- Listen attentively and confirm the message presented.
- Communicate in effectively via phone and email.
- Skilled at delivering sensitive communications with appropriate level of tact and diplomacy.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, profits, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top