Inside Sales Representative - Electronic Components for Aerospace and Defense
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
The main purpose of the Sales & Marketing Representative II (commission) position is to manage the overall account relationship by providing strategic service and support to assigned customer base. This position will maximize margins, gain market share, and drive value added solution selling. Working with internal and external resources, the SMR must provide customer service often facilitating work of others in quoting, fulfilling demand, ensuring on time delivery of orders, providing engineering support and troubleshooting other customer problems. Function as key liaison between suppliers and customers to build and establish long-term business partnerships for Arrow.|
Responsible for Sales Excellence through the development and management of customer strategy in assigned account territory through a more advanced understanding of Arrow’s products and solutions, sales strategy, broader internal relationships with resources, and knowledge of competitive and market information:
- Thorough knowledge and accountability of supply chain engagements such as: e-Compass, Consignments, CARES (Customer Automated Replenishment System).
- Can identify and act upon opportunities through Synergistic Selling with a strong focus on commodity products (White Space Report, PEMCO Mix).
- Can identify and act upon opportunities for Reverse Logistics, GBC (Global Business Conversion) & ITAD (Information Technology Asset Disposition).
- Understand and recognize SDB (Small Disadvantage Business) engagements.
- Liaison to other Arrow entities.
- Set and drive Solutions Selling and account level strategy.
- Knowledge of competitive landscape in the market and can make decisions based on that information.
- Coordinate the involvement of all available resources and support functions, including Management, FSR (Field Sales Representative), FAE (Field Application Engineer), CSR (Customer Service Representative), SSG (Supplier Services Group), Suppliers, Manufacturers, FSG, Product Management, Quote Specialist, and Business Process Outsourcing.
- Implement Third Box strategic selling into assigned account base (knows customer’s needs).
- Manage information within Salesforce.com to enhance customer relationship, leads and opportunities.
- Thorough knowledge and application of all the tools and services within Arrow.
- Able to find and act upon opportunities for AMSS (Advanced Manufacturing Support Services), ACES (Arrow Consulting Engineering Services) and Value Added services within assigned account base.
- Use internal and external resources to expand penetration into Vertical segments.
- Work with SSG and Regional Profit Manager to enhance margin levels throughout assigned account base.
- Responsible for implementing Arrow’s ecommerce strategy (MyArrow).
- Set account margin strategy.
- Identify and build influential customer relationships within assigned account base.
- Manage all customer contact (phone & electronic).
- Participate in account visits when appropriate.
- Responsible for coordinating all support functions (CSR, SSG, FSG, Product Management, Quote Specialist, and Business Process Outsourcing).
- Continuous improvement through Process Discipline.
Owner of overall customer Quote to Order objectives through a higher level of knowledge and understanding of the quote process, stronger negotiation skills, more in-depth interface and resolution of missing customer information:
- Setting strategy for quote process.
- Coordinate resources and processing of customer quotations (Quote Center, Quote Cover Sheet, PM Views, Management, FSR, Suppliers, Value Add, and SSG).
- Negotiate pricing.
- Quote mark up (owns strategy and application).
- Notify customer of price increases.
- Validation of EOL, and item class change (NCNR).
- Own the Value Added processes such as: Programming, Tape and Reel, Power Supplies, EOL (End of Life).
- Negotiates Special Handling & Lot Codes requests.
- Owns PRCE 2 through 6 pricing and margin targets.
- Peer Pricing Adoption.
- Processing Programming First Articles & revisions.
- Gather missing information on quotes directly with customer.
- Ensures all military requirements are met at the time of quote/order (DPAS/Government rating).
- SQM (Strategic Quote Management) interface including review of drawings in QDRF (Qualified Drawing Review Form) to validate part numbers.
Responsible for on-going Sales Support activities for the Order to Invoice process by identifying, troubleshooting, and resolution of service issues in order to minimize potential risk; including, but not limited to:
- RMA (Return Material Authorization) – Initial negotiation with customer.
- Critical shortage calls with customer and supplier.
- Notify customer of price increases.
- Proactive notification to customer of changes to delivery status (changes in Arrow commit).
- Bond Reviews with customer (Shortages & Turns).
- Manage SMI (Slow Moving Inventory) and NCNR (Non-Cancellable, Non-Returnable) customer conversations.
- Responsible for Hard & Planned Order management.
- Work with third party value added providers.
- Manage DCMA (Defense Contract Management Agency) relationship.
- PCN (Product Change Notification) Coordination.
- Back up coverage for other Sales and Marketing Representatives.
Responsible for customer interface for backend Quality processes through a deeper understanding of the quality issues, resolution parameters and options, and has the ability to make recommendations:
- Owner of escalated quality issues such as: CAR (Corrective Action Report), FQR (Field Quality Report), Branch Services Request).
- Own & Maintain POI (Perfect Order Index). This is comprised of OTD (On Time Delivery) and E2E (End to End Order Quality).
- Maintain Inventory Integrity to minimize write offs / bill backs.
Responsible for customer interface for important Credit and Financial information through a more thorough understanding of the financial and credit documents, processes, and terms and has the ability to resolve issues and present recommendations:
- Requests for financial documents (P&L, Balance Sheets).
- Negotiates credit lines & terms (Internal & External).
- First point of escalation for credit related issues from CSR.
- PEMCO (Passives, Electromechanical, Connectors) experience required.
- Aerospace & Defense (A&D) experience- preferred.
- High school diploma plus 5 – 8 years of sales experience.
- Technical training and/or Associates degree are preferred plus 2 – 4 years of sales experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Strong negotiation, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills are essential.
- Must have a proven track record of sales performance and meeting quotas.
- Must have strong interpersonal, organizational, problem solving, and customer service skills.
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize, and deal with ambiguity.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically, Excel, Word, Outlook. Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k and employee stock ownership, scholarship program, domestic partners program and others
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top