Inside Sales Officer
Inside Sales Officer
• Responsible for day-to-day guidance of assigned team. Setting direction, coping with change, listening, coaching and motivating the team. Serves as an escalation point for Arrow's internal departments, vendor resources and customers. Serves as the customer contact for handling all elements of the returns and maintenance termination process, entering the Service Request and RMA in the business system, sending the return/cancellation request for management approval and ensuring customers are credited for the return. Responsible for receiving, confirming and tracking customer orders and other related tasks in the order processing and post sales flow to include: order entry; material procurement; coordination with the vendor, integration facilities and shippers to identify and track delivery schedules; creation and update order status reports; resolution of incoming invoices and denied claims.
• Order Processing: Processes customer orders accurately and timely by reviewing customer purchase orders for accuracy, freight terms, transportation methods, pricing, technical specifications, part numbers and any other unique customer requirements ; resolving any discrepancies with customer prior to order entry; entering sales orders accurately and quickly into the Arrow ERP system, working with shared services teams to resolve more complex issues on orders or customer requests. Places purchase orders with the vendors and anticipates additional requirements or obstacles for orders and works toward a solution proactively.
• Research and resolve vendor invoice variances and warehouse receipt discrepancies caused by price, quantity, goods/services receipts, freight and tax code discrepancies. Works with the warehouse team to ensure that all inventory purchase orders are received in full. Research and resolve vendor denied claims or variances caused by program requirements, price, quantity and point of sale reporting. Processes any shipment variances or damages with the vendors for resolution and updates the Oracle ERP system accordingly. Work with suppliers, sales teams and shared services teams to troubleshoot and resolve invoice and claims exceptions within defined service level agreements. Takes ownership of issues and sees that they are fully resolved.
• Monitors inventory to identify slow moving, aging and non-sellable product to determine the proper disposition. Negotiates special pricing, returns, programs and other exceptions with the vendor. Ensures that our SMI (slow moving inventory), obsolescence and write-offs are within our established financial goals. Proactively resolves problem situations, often complex, with our suppliers and Arrow departments related to selection of source, price, delivery, etc while remaining within inventory guidelines.
• Mentors and assists in training of team members. Analyzes training needs of team members and develops and provides input for a solution. Acts as the backup for the manager for assigned responsibilities.
• Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience
• Completes work with a limited degree of supervision
• Likely to act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience
• Identifies key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data
• Takes a broad perspective to problems and spots new, less obvious solutions
Experience / Education
Typically requires a 2 year degree and 3-5 years of experience or High school graduate with equivalent related experience. May require specific certifications.
See Inside the Office of Arrow Electronics
Arrow is the ultimate technological enabler, working directly with partners, suppliers, and manufacturers to understand what’s possible and help them create it. They seek to bridge the gap between the possible and the practical. Arrow encourages its employees to live in the world that doesn’t quite exist yet—the world of Five Years Out.
Back to top