Inside Account Representative
Inside Account Representative
Inside Account Representative - Power & Signal
The purpose of this job is to sell Power and Signal Group (PSG) products or services at desired margins and gain market share by building and maintaining strong customer relationships. The position provides excellent customer service and support through sales, quoting, follow up, and problem solving. This position is a customer service role supporting an assigned account base with a focus on not only maintaining existing business at the account but also growing and developing new business. The responsibilities for this job include finding and selling opportunities by associative selling and quoting. This position interacts with other global members of the field sales team, corporate departments, and customers to provide the best services and product pricing.
- Establish strong relationships with the customer over the phone.
- Conduct face to face meetings with customers on site including effective presentations and tours.
- Travel to the customers location to participate in relationship building meetings.
Servicing the customer:
- Handle customer inquiries via phone, fax and e-mail.
- Proactively troubleshoot potential customer issues and seek to resolution.
- Will work with current and newly established EDI customers.
Quotation and closure:
- Understand how to quote, what to quote, and what is the strategy with the customer.
- Negotiate and determine pricing strategies to maximize gross profit margin percentages.
- Track quotes wins and losses.
- Proactively develop an action plan to resolve disputes that may require negotiation with the customer.
- Make decisions on resolution within PSG guidelines.
- Required to consult manager on complex negotiations.
- Have a good understanding of the customer forecast.
- Run open order report and analyze root cause.
- Make recommendation of corrective action.
- Understand customers business and identify new opportunities for PSG services to the customers.
- May work with Field Sales Reps to set appointments to introduce qualified customers new PSG products and services.
- Recognizes the positive effects of running a clean business and works to minimize issues.
- Minimal order entry issues and clean ship and debt reports.
- Identifies accurately when help is needed from management.
- Participate in team meetings, project work and process development for the customer service department.
- Provides limited technical information.
- Knows to ask key questions and can provide follow up answers to customers.
- Associates degree or high school with equivalent experience and technical training.
- 3-5 years' experience within an Account Representative/Inside Sales role.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills with building relationship with key stakeholders and customers.
- MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
Power & Signal Group is a strategic group within Arrow Electronics, Inc. dedicated to the unique design and distribution requirements of the transportation industry. It is a worldwide distributor of interconnection systems and components for the transportation industry. From its North American Headquarters and its sales and distribution centers in Europe, Asia and South America, the company can provide global coverage to its customers - delivering product when, where and how its needed. With its on-site technical engineers and sales offices located around the globe, the Power & Signal Group is a clear leader in generating demand for its supplier's products within the transportation industry. More information is available online at www.powerandsignal.com .
Arrow helps the world's best technology companies think "Five Years Out," working together to innovate the next big thing, after the next big thing. We are a global provider of technology products, services and solutions, with 2013 sales of $21.4 billion. Our team includes 16,000 employees worldwide across more than 460 locations in 58 countries.
Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top