Inside Account Rep
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Arrow Electronics is currently seeking a strong Inside Account Rep in our Bloomington, MN office.
Through primarily telephone interaction, this sales professional will support an account portfolio of 40-65 of our valued customers to locate and secure the right products or services for their specific needs. Occasionally working with the Field Sales Representative, supplier partners, engineers, and other internal Arrow resources, the Inside Account Rep is to offer exemplary customer service and product knowledge expertise with an aim to expand market share, and grow our business. Daily activities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding the customer’s needs now and into the future;
- Identifying new sales opportunities by working with buyers and engineers to provide quotes, technical support and data sheets, and by placing purchase orders.
- Providing after-sales service by ensuring the products’ arrival at the customer location in a timely fashion.
- Manage and sell to assigned accounts in assigned territory. Quote to customer specifications and needs on Arrow’s entire line card.
- Maintain accounts by providing customer service on orders.
- Other maintenance includes: tracking shipments, maintaining orders, managing backlog, expediting orders and trouble-shooting.
- Strategically manage assigned portfolio through competition analysis, research and profiling and interaction with engineers, field sales, and other Arrow resources within own territory.
- Systematically manage own assigned portfolio by taking proactive and regular actions related to sales and the administration of the account
- Understand the Distributor Total Available Market (DTAM);
- Coordinate with internal corporate resource groups to ensure customer satisfaction
- Proactively focus on own product knowledge and skills advancement through available internal training opportunities.
- Be a team player by working collaboratively and synergistically with colleagues across Arrow.
- College degree in a related field (preferred), or high school diploma with technical training and equivalent experience.
- 1+ years’ related sales experience, including managing a sales portfolio, or equivalent combination of external/Arrow education/experience
- Computer-savvy (Microsoft Suite of products, internet usage, email)
- Superior multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Professional, clear communications ability: phone etiquette, verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to influence and to interact at multiple levels of an organization
- Ability to maintain composure while working in a fast-paced, sometimes demanding, environment
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top