Infrastructure Engineer II, Specialist
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
The Infrastructure Engineer II is a hands-on, senior member of the Arrow Electronics IT Infrastructure Support team responsible for setting standards, policies and support procedures for desktop, laptop, mobile device, and application support including Windows and Apple operating systems and software as well as third party and Arrow developed applications.
In consultation with IT Management, the Infrastructure Engineer contributes to the efficient allocation of computer hardware and software resources, maintains business applications, and ensures the reliability and sustainability of information and communication resources.
Using effective communication, technical, and analytical skills the Infrastructure Engineer manages projects, provides technical support including maintenance and upgrading of resources, coaches IT and business unit personnel to resolve operational issues, and within delegated authority, supervises support personnel.
This is an internal customer-facing role which requires excellent prioritization, responsiveness, and customer service, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills. In keeping with Arrow Electronics values and competencies, the Infrastructure Engineer develops and maintains positive working relationships with all contacts internal and external.
SUPERVISION AND LEADERSHIP
- Creates, plans and implements formal and informal training of Level II Desktop Support and Helpdesk Personnel.
- Provides leadership to the Desktop Support and Desktop Integration teams by sharing technical information, providing direction, feedback, and coaching on complex support issues.
- Drives results with minimal supervision.
- Provides complex problem and systems support for numerous computer platforms and systems in a global end user support organization.
- Designs and implements solutions to integrate new systems and hardware into the global IT structure while ensuring compliance with security and IT system standards.
- Designs and implements deployment and management solutions to maintain or improve global compliance with Arrow security and device policies.
- Assists with troubleshooting complex network connectivity issues in a LAN/WAN environment.
LEVEL 3 DESKTOP SUPPORT
- Supports IT Team members during complex Windows and Apple operating system and application software issues.
- Supports IT Team members during complex printer and peripherals support issues.
- Provides input to establish desktop hardware configuration user specifications standards that promote business efficiencies while maintaining security and device management requirements.
- Identifies problem trends by monitoring and analyzing support requests and develops and implements comprehensive solutions for systemic issues.
- Requests and coordinates vendor support for systemic or complex problems.
- Requests and coordinates additional Arrow IT and business team support.
- Assists with complex user data and application recovery procedures.
- Recommends, develops and implements diagnostic tools and procedures to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity, and workstation hardware/software.
- Recommends, develops and implements support processes and procedures to ensure endpoint devices are compliant with all desktop corporate standards.
- Recommends, develops and implements tools and methodologies to distribute, manage and patch operating system and application software on global user devices.
- Recommends, develops and implements tools and methodologies to track hardware and software licenses and inventory.
- Responds and resolves tickets assigned to the Infrastructure Engineering queue in CA Service Desk.
- Escalates issues and involves experts from any required team to resolve issues as quickly as possible with the most effective solution.
- Coordinates with other support and business team members during new site builds, moves and integrations to complete complex integration tasks.
- Develops technical and operational expertise of IT operations, related applications and IT systems as well as business related processes and procedures.
- Maintains technical expertise of current Windows and Apple operating systems and application software and maintains knowledge of operating system and major application lifecycle timelines and new features.
- Maintains and consistently demonstrates an expert knowledge of company guidelines, processes, practices and procedures
- Maintains and administers an existing Altiris Notification and Deployment server environment to ensure maximum availability and usability.
- Maintains and administers an existing McAfee endpoint encryption environment to ensure all mobile and laptop endpoints are encrypted.
- Demonstrates excellent technical knowledge of desktop, server and network hardware, software and systems.
- Creates and maintains clearly written documentation
- Demonstrates a never ending desire to understand future technologies
- Displays a mastery of planning and implementation techniques
- Delivers strong desire to understand and exceed customer expectations
- Windows and Apple operating systems
- Windows Server
- Microsoft Office
- Exchange 2010/2013
- Routers, switches and firewalls
- Sophos Anti-virus
- Symantec Altiris Endpoint Management
- JAMF Casper – Apple Device Management
- Bit Locker and McAfee Endpoint Encryption
- Remote control tools
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or
- Minimum 5 years related experience providing Level 2 Desktop, Server or Network support
- Industry certifications, which include A+, N+ and/or MCSE/MCITP EA
- Domestic and International Travel up to 10%
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Microsoft Office 365 Configuration and Management
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Microsoft Active Directory and GPO Management
- Experience with Wise Package Studio 7/Symantec Admin Studio to create automated application package distribution solutions: MST, MSP, MSI
- Virtualization: VMWare VDI and Citrix
- WYSE Device Manager [WDM]
- Experience with Windows Shell scripting, WMI, VB Scripting and or PowerShell
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top