Information Technology Manager - I
- Bangalore, India
Information Technology Manager - I
Information Technology Manager I
IT Manager is defined as a position within the IT Infrastructure support of the organization, which is responsible for the daily support and maintenance of Arrow's remote Datacenter infrastructure. As well, IT Manager is responsible for managing and administering a team of professionals working on all forms of UNIXs (RH and AIX),Cloud, Windows, Citrix and Storage Systems.
What You'll Be Doing
- Analyze and troubleshoot problems involving all the mentioned technologies and support production environments.
- Responsible for supporting more than 5000 virtual and physical servers and more than 15 PB of data.
- Responsible for rolling out new Production/Qual and Dev environments including pre and post jobs
- Responsible for supporting Arrow's various cloud and virtualization technologies like the Azure, VMware, IBM LPAR , VIO , Hypervisors, Citrix across multiple Datacenters in the US
- Hands on experience on Server Platforms such as IBM and HP Servers and use of ILO, onboard administrator and HMC consoles
- Responsible for managing backups and storage on virtualization and server side storage support.
- Responsible for supporting Arrow's critical ERP servers and ERP applications across all regions
- Responsible for Hardening of the OS and environments
- Responsible for managing Enterprise Backup environment
- Hands on experience on Storage requirements for internal cloud and virtualized Platforms
- Responsibilities include Migrations and Integration of existing and new environments
- Provide support, working directly with the Applications Developers, users and Helpdesk.
- Attend critical bridge calls and Engineering calls and escalation.
- Interface with other groups within the organization during all phases of projects, from design through inception
- Participate in the EPR go-live programs and war rooms
- Implement scripting for automation and automate the Global data center activities with Chef, Satellite and Ansible etc
- Support Arrow's Disaster Activity exercise and support the DR side of the IT infrastructure including the VMware environment and the SRDF support.
- Leading the monitoring efforts of daily system processes/tasks/utilization
What We Are Looking For
- A Minimum of 14 years of hands-on experience in Red hat Linux, VMWare and IBM AIX . LPARs, Windows, Citrix and Middleware platforms in production environment (administration, configuration and troubleshooting)
- Sound knowledge of Cloud computing and Azure
- Sound knowledge of SAN and NAS
- Ability to analyze performance issues and provide root cause using analysis logs and various tools.
- Ability to analyze the capacity and performance requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with client and team relationship/interaction skills
- Experience in a large corporate environment would be an added advantage
Arrow Electronics, Inc. (NYSE: ARW), an award-winning Fortune 109 and one of Fortune Magazine's Most Admired Companies. Arrow guides innovation forward for over 175,000 leading technology manufacturers and service providers. With 2019 sales of USD $29 billion, Arrow develops technology solutions that improve business and daily life. Our broad portfolio that spans the entire technology landscape helps customers create, make and manage forward-thinking products that make the benefits of technology accessible to as many people as possible. Learn more at www.arrow.com .
Our strategic direction of guiding innovation forward is expressed as Five Years Out, a way of thinking about the tangible future to bridge the gap between what's possible and the practical technologies to make it happen. Learn more at https://www.fiveyearsout.com/ .
For more job opportunities, please visit https://careers.arrow.com/us/en .
Back to top