Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn't exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it's a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what's coming and stay ahead of what's ahead. We're a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you've never seen to things you can't live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world's leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
We are currently seeking an experienced Industrial Engineer position for Distribution center in Reno NV. This individual will help us to reduce costs and increase productivity. The position will report to the Logistics Value Add Engineering Manager located in Reno NV.
- Facilitate change management, functional training, and supervisor training.
- Fostered relationships with senior management and executives to provide holistic project guidance
- Responsible for managing budget, schedule, resource allocation and task execution
- Develop ROI recommendations for projects based on quantitative and qualitative data.
- Project manager and design lead for implementation of Labor Management software application at tier one retail client
- Provided industrial engineering support during implementation of an engineered standards labor management program for three distribution centers on the east coast
- Traveled extensively to train each management team in usage of labor management software, how to understand the reporting metrics and how to apply the information for maximum labor efficiency
- Recommended new best practices, facility layout changes and SOP updates based off of detailed analysis of distribution center activities and engineered standards data during site visits
- Design and build equipment for specific business units or customers to use. Develop process, procedures and testing for business units and customers; generally for distribution and production centers. Create, maintain and provide documentation.
- Responsible for the design and build of equipment and managing the implementation of improvement solutions for the production floor in the areas of personnel and equipment utilization.
- Experience in developing engineered labor management standards through time study or using M.O.S.T.
- Minimum 4 years in a distribution or consulting firm environment
- Project Management - coordinating with internal resources and third parties/vendors for the project execution within time & budgetary constraints.
- Process mapping skills – the ability to Activity model, process map and workflow model/map, including data collection.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Provides informal guidance to junior staff
- Works with minimal guidance
- Data analytics – the ability to identify, review and understand data. Data may come from various sources, including processes.
- Group collaboration skills- the ability to bring groups for various areas together, collaborate and gain consensus
- Access or SQL database skills are a plus
- Organization- the ability to organize, prioritize and manage work and multiple initiatives
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in a business environment.
- Spanish is a plus
Experience / Education
- Typically requires 5–7 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 3 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent work experience.
- F1 and H1-B will be considered
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top