At present, we have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Industrial Engineer in our Phoenix, AZ facility.
Summary of position: Primarily responsible to design, improve, and implement plans to increase the efficiency of processes, procedures, and people in the delivery of products and services for Arrow's North American Logistics and Production Services business. Conducts analysis of business processes, production processes, and workflow. Develops ways to increase productivity, maximize efficiency, and manage human capital more effectively. Function as Industrial Engineering Subject Matter Expert, mentoring other engineering team members.
What You'll Be Doing
- Implement improvement plans including workflow modification, procedural/process updates, and reorganization of job duties to increase human efficiency.
- Identifies new systems, processes, applications, or equipment for process improvements, business relocations, new products, and new engagements.
- Responsible for continuous process improvement and lean six sigma methodologies to optimize performance and reduce wasted resources including time, money, materials, and energy.
- Designs and maintains overall facility layout, workflow, and timing of manufacturing process steps.
- Calculate and monitor labor efficiency standards and determine the optimal people and equipment resources needed to meet business requirements.
- Establish work measurement programs and analyzes work samples to develop standards for worker utilization.
- Conducts root cause analysis for process failures and contributes to corrective action plans.
- Responsible for workstation design and ergonomics analysis.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures, standard work instructions, and safety guidelines.
- Collaborates with Industrial Engineers at other Arrow Logistics and Value Add centers to identify, share and implement best practices, both locally as well as globally within Arrow.
- Apply prior Industrial Engineering experience and knowledge to mentor and transfer knowledge to and contribute to the technical development of less experienced engineers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or other related Engineering discipline.
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Ability to perform as Industrial Engineering Subject Matter Expert when designing and implementing plans to increase the efficiency of processes, procedures, and people.
- Must have broad knowledge of other areas in order to understand how they relate to the specific work required.
- Lean/Six Sigma certified.
- Ability to expertly perform advanced mathematical calculations including calculus, apply statistical methodologies, and apply evaluative judgment and logic to determine cause and effect prior to change implementation.
- Ability to perform post-change analysis to determine if objectives were met and changes were successful and are sustainable.
- Ability to perform risk assessment and identify decision points.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and other employees, regardless of organization function or level.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with all levels of the organization required. Excellent interpersonal skills a must.
- Ability to identify technical knowledge gaps among less experienced engineers and effectively provide technical guidance to bridge knowledge gaps.
What's In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That's why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)
Phoenix, Arizona (East Sky Harbor Circle)
Supply Chain Services
Back to top