Inclusion & Diversity Program Manager
Inclusion & Diversity Program Manager
This position requires a high degree of accountability, flexibility, and passion for the value that an inclusive and diverse workforce brings to the bottom line. This is a role that works across business groups and regions to support the One Arrow global inclusion and employee experience needs. It requires a skilled communicator; able to influence and negotiate without direct authority.
Deliver best in class programs, sponsorships, events, communications, and employee experiences that demonstrate Arrow's unique culture. You'll leverage your solid understanding of diversity trends and best practices, and demonstrated project management skills to drive systems and processes that will continue to execute on our Work(place) Forward mission. Your keen eye will identify new program opportunities when they arise, complimented by your ability to drive results. You'll oversee Arrow's event participation, drawing upon your experience in employee resource groups administration (or similar) to oversee Arrow sponsored programs and events framework and associated communications.
- Manage Arrow's core Inclusion and diversity programs globally, that support Arrow Work(place) Forward development and advancement towards creating a more inclusive and diverse workplace.
- Prepare agendas, high quality reports, presentations and other documents and communications for key stakeholders.
- Develop new, and maintain existing community partnerships.
- Manage Arrow Inclusion & Diversity Champion and Volunteer program, to include the implementation and maintenance of the program and events submittal platform and sponsorship framework. Additionally, oversee the portals built to house content and evaluate options for keeping portals up-to-date.
- Partner with internal Digital Learning and external vendors to support mandatory training and the development of new educational offerings under the Work(place) Forward platform.
- Establish relationships with vendors for the design and delivery of training and consulting services. Manage existing vendor relationships and corresponding contracts.
- Stay abreast of trends and developments in the space of diversity via attending business meetings, relationships with HR Business Partners, vendor learning sessions and other HR memberships.
- Leverage organizational skills and abilities to project manage from strategy through execution, preferable in program development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; with demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders and build employee engagement.
- Partner with and consult to Business Leaders and HR Business Partners on inclusion programs, and provide tools including those related to the operationalizing of diversity and inclusive workplace frameworks.
- Knowledge of campus-based diversity programs; external vendor and community partnerships; experience with employee resource group oversight or similar.
- Oversight of global programs & events; internal and external sponsorship, champions & volunteers, studies, change management, and act as a inclusion and diversity/employee experience liaison to the Arrow HR community.
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges and remains agile in the approach to plans and priorities
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from the Director, Work(place) Forward
- Defines Work(place) Forward operating standards and ensures essential procedures are followed based on knowledge of own discipline
- Demonstrated exceptional knowledge and practical application of federal Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) regulations in a corporate environment
- Demonstrated exceptional knowledge and implementation of diversity and inclusion initiatives in a corporate environment relative to the employee experience
- Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of AA, EEO and diversity and inclusion in a corporate environment
- Demonstrated general Human Resources knowledge and practical application
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills in a corporate environment
- Demonstrated change management skills in a complex corporate environment
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong passion for creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace
Experience / Education
Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 6 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience in the area of diversity project and program management -
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word - SharePoint knowledge a plus
- Ability to develop effective relationships with peers and leaders across a matrixed organization
- Ability to influence without authority, think proactively, and function independently as a self-starter
- Ability to pay strict attention to and apply appreciation for details and organization
- Ability to communicate complex information in an approachable manner -Ability to develop quick turn-around, practical recommendations based on data and research to inform strategic decisions in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to apply a strategic mindset with a results orientation and bias towards action and creative problem solving
- Ability to collaborate and work well across functions -Possession of excellent interpersonal, consultative, and analytic skills -Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- HRCI or SHRM certification preferred
Non-Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Back to top