Import & Customs Compliance Specialist
- Peabody, MA
Import & Customs Compliance Specialist
This position ensures compliance with applicable regional, local and U.S. import control laws and regulations concerning the requirements for cross-border product movement, documentation and storage, to promote cost management, revenue generation and customer/supplier support, and to protect Arrow from fines, penalties and publicity resulting from violations. The position acts as a liaison among several internal groups across Arrow businesses in an effort to ensure proper adherence to trade management and trade control laws and regulations. The position provides regulatory guidance for inbound and outbound transactions with respect to Customs and duty requirements. The position also provides occasional support for projects related to trade management and trade compliance. All responsibilities are performed in accordance with established Arrow policy, processes and procedures.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide shipment clearance instructions on import transactions to internal and external contacts. Ensure full compliance with CBP and OGA/PGA agency requirements.
- Assist in managing the daily trade compliance operations for US and Canada import transactions by working with internal Arrow staff, customs brokers and freight forwarders to ensure timely clearance.
- Be familiar with and apply regulations (e.g., FDA, EPA, PST ADD/CVD and CBP) for importing into the US and Canada and remain current with changes to the regulations.
- Maintain Import Compliance procedures and create process and procedure improvements where required improvements are identified.
- Apply consistent methodology when assigning a Harmonized Tariff Schedule number to new products, and across similar products and product families.
- Audit import entry filings by Arrow businesses and brokers.
- Provide and support analysis & regulatory guidance on:
Free/Preferential Trade Agreements
Country specific import regulations
- Interface with Arrow Tax and other employees on new and existing business projects to provide import/export regulatory guidance. Work with GTMC leadership on the HTS classification strategy and establish global process continuity throughout the company.
- Participate in global and regional Customs and import regulations training & notifications
- Provide import agents support for:
Import filing review process guidance
Duty and similar drawback/recovery regulatory guidance
- Perform other trade management and compliance related duties as assigned
What We Are Looking For:
- 4-year college degree or similar, or equivalent experience and training directly related to the role responsibilities.
- 2-4 years in import and Customs compliance roles or cargo/transaction receiving roles, including involvement in processing export/import transactions and customs brokerage.
- Strong understanding of U.S. Customs regulations and OGA/PGA required.
- Strong knowledge and application of HTS, HS classification required.
- Experience in the electronics industry and U.S. Customs Broker License preferred.
- MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point) and basic database familiarity.
- This position requires a minimum of 0 % travel per year.
What's In It For You:
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That's why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)
US-MA-Peabody, Massachusetts (Technology Dr)
Back to top