IBM Sales Director
IBM Sales Director
- The geographic location for this role can be anywhere in the United States
- Principal Accountabilities
• Responsible for the strategy and execution of their respective Sales Team, providing leadership towards the achievement of maximum sales, profitability and growth. As the leader for the Arrow IBM Software team, the Director of Sales creates a vision for their team and ensures their effectiveness by organizing analytics, improving processes and meeting and exceeding SLA's. The position creates an environment of unified vision between IBM SW and Arrow and acts as an advocate to spread vendors sales strategy throughout business. The Director of Sales has an expert knowledge of the business, and is able to leverage Arrow's strengths to build relationships and grow our brand. Responsible for mentoring, developing and motivating their Sales team; creates a high performance culture and a pipeline of successors to all leadership positions within their team.
• Leadership: Recruit, hire and mentor top sales management talent. Sets the tone for their Sales Team through professional demeanor and appropriate responsiveness to the organization. Ensures high potential talent on their teams through guiding team on recruiting, hiring, performance reviews, development plans and promotional opportunities.
• Sales: Creates a vision and strategy for the IBM SW sales team, provides leadership in achieving maximum sales, profitability and growth. Uses sales data, SLA's and metrics to implement systems and processes to grow and improve sales team. Has a Senior-Level understanding of the marketplace and trends, able to find solutions to shortcomings in sales numbers through actively managing opportunities. Ensures their Sales Team is meeting the expectations of our partners and the business unit by measuring performance results against goals. .
• Relationship Building: Creates a partnership with IBM and our partners. Dedicated to leveraging relationships to enhance brand, sales and profitability. Acts with vendors, customers and Arrow in mind during all decision making.
•This job profile requires the assignment and participation in a sales compensation plan. A portion of OTE will be variable and tied to specific sales-related goals as set forth by Arrow.
• Provides leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff
• Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related units
• Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities
• Controls resources and policy formation in area of responsibility
• Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives
• Looks beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems
• Develops plans and delivers results in fast-changing businesses and/or regulatory environments
• Provides input to functional or departmental strategy
• Manages large, potentially diverse teams of managers and/or senior professionals
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 15 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 12 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years in Software sales
- Minimum of 5 years in Channel sales. Distribution background a plus.
- Previous management experience is important
- Knowledge of IBM Channel processes/programs highly desired
- Relationships with IBM partners would be a big plus
Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Back to top