Graphic Designer II-Senior UX Designer
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Responsible for all aspects of graphic design for AspenCore, with a focus on AspenCore Studio. Contribute to concept brainstorm with ACS team. Develop look and feel for all AspenCore media sites. Develop and manage AspenCore branding. Own Aspen Core Studio project design work. Design AspenCore sales collateral. Assist editorial with creative product design. Manage freelancers. This job is located in Denver, CO.
- Manages projects with little to no supervision. Knows AspenCore market marcom practices. Easily engages and presents to internal and external customers. Art directs and implements the design for high-impact business and advertiser marketing programs and campaigns. Responsible for all phases of design from design strategy, to creative concept development to final artwork.
- Incorporates marketing strategy and conducts research to understand current market and competitor products before executing design. Develops design strategy and advises AspenCore of new design ideas.
- Presents design, branding, and concepts to all levels of internal and external management and clients. Sets goals and creative strategy and is an active participant in creative and group brainstorms.
- Selects and coordinates outside freelance brand marketing, social, and photographers. Negotiates cost and sets schedules for outside creative and production services with little or no supervision.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge related to the profession of graphic design, production processes, market trends, products and technologies. Acts as a mentor for others on the team.
- Excellent understanding of company and marketing partner brand. Drives the reinforcement of brand identity standards both internally as well as with outside vendors. Acts as a branding expert on the team and within the business. Has a good understanding of AspenCore core business, service groups, product teams, and suppliers, and applies this knowledge to projects and goals of campaign.
- Plans, analyzes and schedules the execution of assigned projects for independent or team projects. Advises junior team members about design detail and schedule. Mentors more junior designers on time management. Ensures graphic projects are completed on time and to specifications.
- Metrics and Diagnostics: Proactively uses information to diagnose the organization and look for systemic issues. Establishes metrics that are leading indicators to improve the effectiveness of the workforce
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and/or minimum 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in graphic design.
- Previous corporate marketing (in-house) experience required.
- Expert with pre-press, file preparation for printers and wed design.
- Ability to strategically design marketing concepts.
- Must be able to project manage assignments and time to need deadlines. Ability to conflict resolution and problem solving skills a must.
- Makes evaluative judgment based on the analysis of information.
- Resolves problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of technical experience guided by precedent.
- Ability to work in a team environment and with all levels of management.
- Negotiation skills a plus. Experience in related industry and project coordination preferred.
- Software Experience: Microsoft suite, Outlook, PowerPoint; Adobe Acrobat; Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and related design programs
What is in it for you?
Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top