Global Supply Assurance Specialist I
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
The Global Supply Assurance Specialist is responsible for supporting the initial investment, negotiations and product implementation for End of Life components. This position is involved in multi-year finished goods and die level investment for Arrow and supports the sales organization in all Arrow component regions globally. Provides supportive analysis to identify specific products in which Arrow may choose to invest. Manages setting the initial pricing, inventory levels, and provides on-going price guidance and profit mix recommendations to the selling regions. This role is accountable for forecasting demand in a competitive setting, margin management and return on working capital objectives. Relationship building and interaction with external suppliers, the internal sales force around the world, and Arrow management is a critical aspect of this role.
- Support the inventory investment tactics for assigned line card products to support Arrow’s Global Supply Assurance activities.
- Collaborate with the program manager and the appropriate finance team members in each global region to develop specific supplier-level models for each specific supply purchase placement.
- Set and maintain monthly pricing guidance for assigned products within Arrow’s End-of-Life inventories to support selling groups in all global selling regions with the objective of meeting or exceeding the group’s planned profit and ROI objectives.
- Participate in the support of global quotation activities, and in the collaboration with the selling teams in all global selling regions.
- Ensure timely and consistent price and delivery guidance and support to all internal Arrow constituencies.
- Evaluate inventory usage patterns to insure timely, accurate risk mitigation strategies as may be appropriate to insure inventory ROI consistent with Arrow’s inventory performance standards for these types of products.
- Act as the project lead to establish robust On-line support for Arrow’s EOL products to ensure full exploitation of this sales venue.
- 7 + years relevant experience; internal Arrow experience preferred.
- Extensive working knowledge of Military and Aerospace technology, Semi conductors, and PEMCO products
- Significant working knowledge of consumption patterns and models
- Very strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to hold to long-term strategy in the face of short-term market fluctuations and customer pressure.
- Proven ability to work effectively across global lines taking into account cultural nuances, time zone, etc.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top