Global IT Manager, Oracle ERP Environment-CM/CRM Environment
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Manager, IT (ERP Applications)
The Manager of IT applications is responsible to demonstrable & provide technical leadership skills to help shape the strategy, architecture, design and implementation of IT Applications / ERP solutions across the ECS organization. Scalable solutions should ensure accurate, timely, and complete information is delivered to business users with systematic, maintainable and automated procedures. The IT Applications manager will facilitate discussions and act as a relationship manager with the business and IT maintaining the project queue, prioritization, coordination across all business groups. This includes working with the business and the technology areas to understand requirements for IT development and management in a fast-paced environment.
The Manager of IT Applications is responsible for the managing and directing the efforts of a world class IT Applications team in developing and supporting ERP technologies that support the ECS CRM, Web & ERP environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Resources allocation to support the IT initiatives and ensure that projects and ongoing support efforts meet service level expectations, leverage best practices, and adhere to internal processes and standards.
- High degree of technical aptitude over a large scope of IT software, applications and IT architecture disciplines.
- Forward thinking and a humble leader with a high degree of focus on customer service and excellent communication skills.
- Experience working with IT operations and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
- Experience communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Provide technical direction and mentoring to the IT applications team.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the other IT indirect reporting groups.
- Analyze and research new and existing products, procedures, processes within the IT space.
- Manage work group activities and ensure that the business requirements and design specifications are met for all projects and enhancements.
- Resolve any business gaps between new and existing business processes and applications.
- Monitor and communicate that requirements are met, tested, and implemented.
- Main contact and liaison between the IT applications team, IT department, and the business units.
- Primary management contact for the IT project queue.
- Communicate project status and coordination of IT improvements.
- Ability to work flexible schedule as necessary including managing onsite-offshore team and relationships.
- Aim to help people make informed business decisions by making accurate, current, and relevant information available to them when they need it.
- This role specifically addresses the actions associated with managing and working with the business community for the definition, construction and delivery of custom and standard ERP applications.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess a good understanding of enterprise-class IT development methodologies, and demonstrate solid skills in around business processes. This individual must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and demonstrate a team-oriented, goal-and results-driven work ethic. The role requires working collaboratively with the business community and other IT team members within a dynamic and high profile environment.
- Strong and proven leadership skills, leadership development and team building skills in a high pressure IT environment
- Proven experience in quick learning, problem solving, dealing with ambiguity and organizational agility.
- Ability to effectively communicate with end users, process team, peers and management how the ERP application can assist in supporting their needs.
- Ability to create estimates and project plans to support the project delivery life cycle
- Ability to manage complex tasks, multiple project and priorities (Project management experience required)
- Deep Knowledge of CRM and ERP IT Applications and business concepts/processes including the Quote to Cash, Procure to Pay, and Record to Report processes. (Oracle EBS preferred)
- Understanding of Business Analytics and Master Data Management (MDM)
- Strong analytical skills
- Prepared for travelling up to 25%
- Experience of architecting IT applications, data modeling techniques and analysis
- Extensive experience of managing solutions in various ERP application functions (Sales, Inventory, Quoting, Order Management, Purchasing, Shipping, Costing, Pricing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger) and additional knowledge of related functions is required
- Experience in building custom applications on top of ERP applications (including data modeling, architecture etc.)
- Knowledge of B2B processes , interfaces and good understanding of the integration layers within ERP modules
- Must have experience supporting / implementing large projects like ERP implementations or product development assignments
- Demonstrated proficiency authoring basic to complex queries in SQL
- Knowledge and familiarity in underlying ERP applications database architecture
- Experience in managing complexities of Project and Software Development Life Cycle Methodologies
- Experience working with any Enterprise ERP Systems like Oracle, Peoplesoft, SAP
- Experience with any industry standard CRM tools like Oracle Sales, SFDC, Custom web Portals
- Experience with any industry standard BI Tools like Hyperion , OBIEE , Qlikview, Business Objects
- Superior Word, Visio, PowerPoint and Excel skills
- 3-5 years of mandatory experience in managing individuals and teams
- 5-7 years of managing IT ERP Applications experience or experience in CRM, supply chain, order management, or sales/marketing (Oracle EBS preferred)
- 4-year degree from an accredited college/university in Information Systems or related field or equivalent related experience
- Leadership trainings/ certifications
- Previous experience in the electronics or distribution industries
- Previous experience working for a large public corporation
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top